Christmas Pretzel Bites are a fun and easy Christmas treat made with caramels, pretzels, candy melts, and sprinkles.
Like our Grinch Pretzel Bites and Christmas Pretzel Hugs, these salty-sweet treats are bite-sized, kid-friendly, and perfect for serving up at your Christmas party.
Or make a batch just for the family to snack on while watching Christmas movies and wrapping gifts. Maybe some of these easy rum balls for the grown-ups too 🙂
Either way, you are sure to love them!
You will need
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Small Pretzels – We used classic pretzel twists
- Caramels – Soft caramels such as these or these are key for making these Christmas caramel pretzel bites.
- Candy Melts – We used red, green, and white for a fun Christmas color sheme.
- Vegetable Shortening – Mixing a bit of shortening in with the candy melts gives them the perfect texture for drizzling.
- Sprinkles – Top your pretzel bites with red and green sprinkles or nonpareils for a festive finish.
Variations and Substitutions
- Instead of Candy Melts dip your caramel-stuffed pretzels in melted chocoalte or almond bark.
- Use Rolos instead of caramels.
- Make square pretzel bites by swapping classic pretzels for snap pretzels.
- Switch up the colors for other holidays, your school colors, or for your favotire sports team on game day.
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange half of the pretzels on the baking sheet and place a piece of caramel in the center of each one.
NOTE: Depending on the size of your baking sheet you may need 2 baking sheets, or to work in batches.
Step 2: Place in the oven until the caramels are softened, just about 5 minutes should do it. Remove from the oven and immediately place a pretzel on top of each caramel and press down slightly.
Step 3: After the caramels have cooled, it is time to decorate. Add the red candy melts and a teaspoon of shortening to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between each increment, until completely melted and smooth. Stir in an additional shortening a teaspoon at a time if needed to achieve a smooth consistency.
PRO TIP: Instead of using the microwave, you can melt your candy melts in the bowl of a double boiler or in a heat-safe bowl over a pan of water. Heat over med/high heat stirring frequently until completely melted.
Step 4: Place each color of melted candy in a piping bag or plastic baggie with the corner cut off. Drizzle the pretzels with each color and immediately top with sprinkles.
There you have it. An easy, colorful, and delicious homemade Christmas candy!
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week. Make sure that you let the pretzel bites fully set before storing them.
More Christmas party treats
- Sugar Cookie Christmas Fudge
- Christmas Cookie Bars
- Crockpot candy
- Christmas Popcorn Balls
- Peanut Butter Balls
- Christmas Puppy Chow
- Chocolate Covered Honeycomb
Christmas Caramel Pretzel Bites
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 12 soft caramels, unwrapped and cut in half
- 1 package red Candy Melts
- 1 package green Candy Melts
- 1 White Candy Melts
- 1-2 Tablespoons vegetable shortening
- holiday sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange half of the pretzels on the baking sheet in a single layer. Place a caramel on top of each of the pretzels, right in the center. Bake for 5 minutes or until the caramels are softened.
- Remove from the oven and immediately press a pretzel on top of each caramel. Leave the pretzels on the baking sheet and allow them to cool completely.
- Add the red candy melts and a teaspoon of shortening to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between each increment, until completely melted and smooth. Stir in an additional shortening a teaspoon at a time if needed to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Place the melted candy in a piping bag or plastic baggie and clip off the corner to create a small opening. Drizzle the red chocolate over each pretzel until they are all covered.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 with the green candy melts, followed by the white candy melts.
- Top with sprinkles immediately after drizzling with the white candy melts.
- Allow the candy melts to set before storing or serving.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Leave a Reply