Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
The Luck of the Irish Cocktail is a green St. Patrick’s Day cocktail recipe perfect for your St. Patty’s Day parties and celebrations.
There is no doubt that St. Patrick’s Day has some of the biggest parties of the year. For more great drinks for your St. Patrick’s Day party check out this Grasshopper Cocktail or these St. Patrick’s Day Jello Shots.
When you think of St. Patrick’s drinks your mind may jump to green beer, Irish coffee, Bailey’s Irish cream liqueur, and pints of Guinness. But today I want to share with you a delicious cocktail to add to that list.
Made with smooth Irish whiskey, peach schnapps, blue curacao, pineapple juice, and lemon-lime soda, the Luck of the Irish is a refreshing and fruity green cocktail.
Plus, it comes out the perfect shade of green for St. Patrick’s Day without even a drop of green food coloring!
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Irish Whiskey – I used Jameson but you can choose your favorite Irish Whiskey.
- Peach Schnapps – A sweet, peach-flavored liquor.
- Blue Curacao – This orange liqueur has a bright blue color which is perfect for turning the otherwise-orange cocktail green.
- Pineapple Juice – adds a fruity, tropical flavor and combines with the blue curacao to create a green color. Orange juice could work here, too.
- Lemon-Lime Soda – such as Sprite, 7 Up, or Sierra Mist.
- Garnish – Top with a mint sprig and/or maraschino cherry, if desired.
How to Make a Luck of the Irish Cocktail
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Step 1: To your cocktail shaker, add ice cubes, Jameson, peach schnapps, and pineapple juice. Add a splash of blue curacao, just enough to turn your cocktail green. Shake well to combine and chill.
Step 2: Strain into two cocktail glasses over fresh ice. Top each with one ounce of lemon-lime soda.
Step 3: Garnish with cherries and/or a fresh mint leaf before serving. Optional, but scores bonus points for presentation.
Whether you are of full Irish descent or you don’t have a drop of Irish blood in your body, I hope that you give this delicious drink a try this St Patrick’s Day- you are sure to love it!
Have a Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Ginger ale, ginger beer, sweet vermouth, fresh lime juice, and lemon-lime soda are all great mixers for Irish Whiskey Cocktails.
The blue liquor is used to give the cocktail it’s green hue. However, if you would rather not use Blue Curacao you can use a drop or two of green food coloring in its place.
More St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
Luck of the Irish Cocktail
- 3 ounces Jameson Irish Whisky 6 Tablespoons
- 2 ounces peach schnapps ¼ cup
- 3 ounces pineapple juice 6 Tablespoons
- 1 splash blue curacao
- 2 ounces lemon lime soda ¼ cup
- 2 sprigs fresh mint optional garnish
- 1 maraschino cherries optional garnish
- To your cocktail shaker, add ice, Jameson, peach schnapps, and pineapple juice. Add a splash of blue curacao, just enough to turn your cocktail green. Shake well to combine and chill.
- Strain into 2 cocktail glasses over ice. Top each with 1 ounce of lemon-lime soda.
- Garnish cocktails with a maraschino cherry and/or fresh mint, if desired.