An easy snickers poke cake recipe made with a simple box of cake mix, chocolate pudding, peanuts, cool whip, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, and chopped Snickers.
Poke cakes are one of my favorite easy desserts. For more easy poke cake recipes try my OREO poke cake, strawberry jello poke cake, lemon poke cake, and Baileys poke cake recipes.
If you have never had a poke cake before you are in for a treat. A poke cake is made by poking holes into the top of a baked cake so that pudding, jello, or other toppings can be poured into it, infusing it with flavor. This results in super moist and delicious cakes.
For this particular poke cake, a moist chocolate cake is infused with caramel sauce and chocolate pudding, then topped with peanuts, cool whip, chocolate sauce, more caramel sauce, and chopped snickers bars for a truly rich and decadent Snickers dessert.
The easy cake recipe makes a perfect dessert for a special occasion or birthday cake but is also simple enough to make as a sweet treat any day.
I can pretty much guarantee that anyone with a sweet tooth is going to love this easy Snickers cake recipe.
I mean how can you go wrong with rich chocolate, gooey caramel, and light and fluffy cool whip?
Each bite is filled with delicious Snickers flavor, just like everyone’s favorite candy bars! If you are a major Snickers lover like I am, be sure to try my Snickers salad recipe–it is a family favorite and whenever I bring it to a party the bowl is literally licked clean.
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Chocolate cake mix— plus water, eggs, and vegetable oil as called for on the back of the box cake mix. I usually use for Betty Crocker chocolate cake mix but any brand will work. Chocolate Fudge or Devil’s Food cake mix are great flavor options as well.
- Chocolate instant pudding mix— I used a 3.9 ounce package of Jello chocolate instant pudding mix but the 3.95 box of Hershey mix or a 3.9 ounce box of store-brand mix would work as well. Make sure you get instant pudding mix though, not cook and serve.
- Milk— I recommend whole or 2% milk but any milk will work in a pinch.
- Caramel and Chocolate Sauces—I used Ghiradelli sauces but you can use your favorite brand. Homemade caramel sauce would be delicious with this rich chocolate cake, too.
- Peanuts– optional topping
- Cool Whip— A store brand of whipped topping would work as well. Just make sure that you thaw your Cool Whip in the fridge before beginning.
- Snickers— Chopped into bite-sized pieces, for topping the cake. We used fun size Snickers bars that we had on hand but full-size Snickers work too.
How to Make Snickers Poke Cake
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Step 1: Prepare and bake cake mix in a 9 x 13-inch dish according to the directions on the package. Set aside to let the cake cool for 15 minutes.
Step 2: Use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes in the top of the warm cake, appropriately 1 inch apart, trying not to go through the whole thickness of the cake.
Step 3: Drizzle the caramel topping over the cake, trying to get some of the sauce to go down into the holes.
Step 4: In a medium bowl, whisk to combine the pudding mix and milk until smooth. Then pour or spoon the pudding over the moist chocolate cake, using a spatula or the back of a spoon to smooth it into an even layer and gently push it into the holes.
Step 5: Chill for at least 1 hour.
Step 6: Sprinkle the top of your easy homemade snickers cake with peanuts and top with Cool Whip, smoothing down in an even layer.
Step 7: If serving immediately, top the cooled cake with chopped snickers, drizzle cake with caramel and chocolate sauces, and serve.
If serving later, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with small pieces of snickers and drizzle with sauces just before serving.
Cover tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Poke cakes are perfect for making ahead because the longer the cake sits the better it gets. This is because the pudding has more time to really soak up into the cake, making it as moist and decadent as possible.
To make this easy snickers cake ahead, simply prepare the cake up until just after adding the Cool Whip. Then cover the cake tightly with plastic wrap and chill for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, drizzle with caramel syrup and chocolate syrup, sprinkle chopped Snickers, and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can substitute with homemade whipped cream made with heavy whipping cream, if you prefer. Just keep in mind that whipped cream doesn’t keep as well as Cool Whip does.
Yes, absolutely, Just make your favorite chocolate cake in a 9 x 13 inch pan and you will be good to go!
A large serving fork or chopstick can be used to poke the holes instead.
More Chocolate Candy Desserts
- Crockpot Candy
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Halloween Candy Trifle
- Butterfinger Fluff
- No-Bake Turtle Cheesecake Dip
- Easter Candy Cake
- Homemade Twix Bars
Snickers Poke Cake
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 1 box, 15.25 ounce chocolate cake mix, plus water, eggs, & oil as called for on the box
- 1 box, 3.9- or 3.95 ounce box chocolate instant pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 4 Tablespoons Caramel Sauce
- ⅓ cup peanuts, optional
- 2 Tablespoons Chocolate Sauce
- 1 8 ounce Cool Whip
- Snickers, chopped, for topping
- Prepare and bake cake mix in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan according to the directions on the package. Set the cake aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Use the handle of a wooden spoon to poke holes in the cake appropriately 1 inch apart. Try not to go through the whole thickness of the cake.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the cake.
- In a medium bowl, whisk to combine the pudding mix and milk until smooth. Pour or spoon the pudding over the cake, using a spatula or the back of a spoon to smooth it into an even layer and gently push it into the holes.
- Chill the cake in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with peanuts.
- Top the cake with Cool Whip, smoothing down in an even layer.
- If serving immediately, top with chopped snickers, drizzle with caramel and chocolate sauces, and serve. If serving later, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with snickers and sauces just before serving.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Leave a Reply