Warm and full of Fall flavor – once you try this easy pumpkin crisp recipe it will become your go-to dessert of the season.
Okay, okay… I know that I promised to hold off on the pumpkin recipes and move focus to apple recipes, but this pumpkin crisp recipe is so incredible that I couldn’t help but share it with you guys.
>> Related: Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
I bet that you are wondering what is so great about this pumpkin crisp?
Well, for starters, this Fall dessert is super simple to make thanks to a little shortcut — using a box of yellow cake mix.
But don’t worry, no one will know that you cut any corners in making this delicious pumpkin dessert because the finished product is amazing.
If you love pumpkin pie, you are going to go crazy for this pumpkin crisp!
How to Make Pumpkin Crisp
Begin by gathering everything that you will need. You will need your pumpkin crisp ingredients: yellow cake mix, pumpkin puree, oats, butter, sugar, vanilla, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon. You will also need a 9 x 13 baking dish lightly covered in non-stick spray.
Next, you will mix the ingredients to form the crisp’s crust and press the crust into the bottom of the pan.
Then, you will combine the next group of ingredients to make the pumpkin layer and spread it on top of the crust in the pan.
Finally, you will make the topping and sprinkle it on top.
Bake for 35-40 and it will be ready to be enjoyed — although you will want to give it a bit to cool down before digging in.
Top with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired. But truth be told, this pumpkin crisp is so good you can enjoy it on its own instead.
Either way, you are going to love it!
Don’t Miss These Other Desserts Full of Fall Flavor:
- Glazed Soft Apple Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts
- Maple Walnut Coffee Cake
For the Crust:
- 1 box yellow cake mix, less the 1 cup mix set aside for topping
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
For the Pumpkin Layer:
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
For the Topping:
- 1 cup yellow cake mix
- ¾ cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ cup cold butter, cubed
- Crust: Stir the cake mix (minus 1 cup for the topping - set this cup to the side for later), melted butter, and egg until well combined. Spread evenly in bottom of pan, pressing mixture down firmly.
- Pumpkin Layer: In a bowl, whisk together pumpkin, egg, sugar, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well combined. Spread evenly over the crust layer.
- Topping: In a bowl, mix remainder of cake mix, oats, sugar and cinnamon until well combined. Cut in the cold butter with a pastry cutter or fork until it forms corse crumbles. Sprinkle topping evenly as final layer.
- Bake at 325 for 35-40 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Pin for Later: