Chocolate-covered strawberry ladybugs are a fun and easy kids’ snack made with fresh strawberries, melted chocolate, candy eyes, and licorice antennas. The adorable ladybugs are the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day, your next summer party, or an after-school snack.
If you are trying to come up with a fun way to get the kids to eat more fruit, you will love this easy recipe for ladybug strawberries.
Using just four ingredients these strawberry lady bugs come together in minutes yet look like you spent a lot of time on them.
No baking is required for this fun food, just melting the chocolate for dipping.
You can even get the kiddies to help dip the strawberries in the chocolate and place their eyes on them. Super cute and super fun!
Strawberry Ladybugs Ingredients
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Fresh Strawberries – wash strawberries and allow them to dry thoroughly before starting.
- Chocolate – Melting chocolate wafers or chocolate candy melts are best but even chocolate chips can be used in a pinch.
- Black Licorice Rope – Black licorice laces are used to make the ladybugs’ antennas.
- Candy Eyes
How to Make Strawberry Ladybugs
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
The first thing you will do is cut the stems off the strawberries and cut a small sliver off the bottom side of each berry so they will lay flat.
Next. melt chocolate per package directions in a small microwave safe bowl. Dip each berry into the chocolate coating about a third of each one. Place 2 edible eyes on each dipped berry and let harden for about 5 minutes.
Then, place the rest of the melted chocolate into a small plastic baggie, cut the corner off, and use it to pipe a line down the middle and little dots all over the top to resemble ladybug spots. While this chocolate hardens, cut tiny ½ inch pieces of licorice.
Finally, poke two small pieces of licorice into each berry, one above each eye to resemble antennae.
That’s all there is to it. I hope that you enjoy these super cute chocolate-covered strawberry ladybugs at your next summer party!
More fun summer treat ideas
- Upside Down Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Rainbow Popsicles
- Watermelon Slice Rice Krispie Treats
- Clam Shell Cookies
- Chip the Teacup Dessert – fun no-bake dessert!
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 12 strawberries
- 1 cup chocolate melting wafers
- 1-2 pieces black licorice rope
- 24 edible eyes
- Cut the stems off the strawberries and cut a small sliver off the bottom side of each berry so they will lay flat.
- Melt chocolate per package directions.
- Dip each berry into the chocolate coating about a third of each one.
- Place 2 edible eyes on each dipped berry and let harden for about 5 minutes.
- Place the rest of the melted chocolate into a small plastic baggie and pipe a line down the middle and little dots all over the top to resemble a ladybug.
- While this chocolate hardens, cut tiny ½ inch pieces of licorice.
- Poke two pieces of licorice into each berry, one above each eye to resemble antennae.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
These are ADORABLE!!!
Heidi Horne says
there so cute!!!!
Ruth McIver says
What a great idea! Strawberries are one of my favorite summer fruits. Now the hard part is to make the ladybugs without eating the body parts.
Anne Marie Carter says
This recipe is adorable and I can’t wait to make it with my grandchildren. They will love eating “bugs.”
tammy ohagan says
These are so cute! I think I’ll make these for my daughter next playdate or maybe I’ll just make a batch and take them to the homeschool geo party! Thanks for sharing
These are SO CUTE! I love their google eyes. I can see them being perfect for a garden party.
Very nice & unique summer party idea. Lot of enjoying & enjoy with strawberry ladybugs recipes. Very cute & delicious recipe. Thanks a lot:)
Very nice & unique strawberry Ladybugs recipe:)
tammy ohagan says
This recipe will be perfect for tomorrow. I really needed a new idea and this has me inspired. Thank you so much for sharing it!
tammy ohagan says
I cant wait to try this dessert! It looks delicious. Thank you for sharing it!