Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
Meet the pink margarita! A fun twist on a classic margarita made with tequila, triple sec, lime juice, agave syrup, and a splash of grenadine.
Margaritas are my go-to cocktails. They have the perfect balance of flavors: bold, citrusy, and a little tart with a hint of sweetness. Some of my favorites are Hawaiian margaritas, frozen peach margaritas, and these beautiful pink margaritas.
Whether you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day, Cinco de Mayo, or just want a great cocktail to sip on by the pool on a hot summer day, this delicious pink margarita recipe is the perfect choice. It’s bold, refreshing, and just slightly sweeter than a traditional margarita thanks to the splash of grenadine.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Quick and easy, ready in just 5 minutes.
- Beautiful presentation with an eye-catching pink color.
- It’s a versatile drink, making a perfect addition to Valentine’s Day, Cinco de Mayo, or summer gatherings.
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Silver Tequila – Use a high-quality silver tequila (aka tequila blanco).
- Triple Sec – Or another orange liqueur such as Cointreau or Grand Mariner.
- Fresh Limes – The juice is used in the cocktail, and the wedges are used for rimming the glass and garnish.
- Agave – Agave syrup adds sweetness. Simple syrup can be used as a substitute.
- Grenadine – This adds a lovely pink color. If you don’t have grenadine, a splash of pomegranate juice or cranberry juice can work.
- Coarse Salt – Margarita salt, coarse sea salt, or coarse kosher salt for rimming the glass. Next time I think I will try this shimmering rose gold margarita salt– it would make for one stunning cocktail!
- Maraschino Cherries – Optional garnish.
How to Make a Pink Margarita
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
- Rim glass: Salt rim using a lime wedge.
- Shake Shake Shake: Combine tequila, triple sec, lime juice, agave, and grenadine in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake to chill and combine.
- Serve: Strain into ice-filled glass, garnish with lime and cherry. Enjoy!
Don’t care for a salted rim? Rim the glass with coarse sugar instead for a bit of extra sweetness with every sip!
Pink Margarita Variations
- Pink Cadillac Margarita: Substitute grenadine with a splash of cranberry juice.
- Pink Lemonade Margarita: Swap the grenadine with 3 ounces of pink lemonade for a lighter, more refreshing drink.
- Pink Frozen Margarita: Blend the ingredients with ice cubes until smooth for a pink frozen cocktail.
Tips for the Best Margarita
- Chill your glassware: Pop your glasses in the freezer beforehand for an extra frosty touch.
- Use fresh lime juice: For the best taste just say no to bottled lime juice.
- Adjust Sweetness: Tweak agave syrup or simple syrup to match your preferred level of sweetness.
- Rim with Salt: Wet the glass rim with lime juice and roll in salt for that classic margarita touch.
More Pink Cocktail Recipes
- 1 ½ ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce Triple Sec or Cointreau
- 1 ounce freshly-squeezed lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 Tablespoon agave or to taste
- 1 splash grenadine
- lime wedge and coarse salt for rimming the glass
- lime wheel and/or maraschino cherries optional garnish
- To salt the rim, add salt to a plate. Rub a lime wedge along the rim of the glass and dip the moistened rim into the salt.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add tequila, triple sec, lime juice, agave, and a small splash of grenadine. Shake vigorously for about 10-15 seconds to chill and combine.
- Fill the prepared glass with fresh ice and strain the drink into the glass. Garnish if desired.
- 1½ cups tequila
- 1 cup Triple Sec
- 1 cup lime juice
- ½ cup agave, or to taste
- 2 Tablespoons grenadine, or as needed to reach desired color