Valentine’s Day Jello Shots are made with vodka and layers of red and pink jello for a beautiful and tasty shot for your Valentine’s or Galentine’s party.
Sure your could whip up some bright red strawberry jello shots for Valentine’s Day, but why not really step it up and make these beautiful layered shots?
Just before serving top your red and pink shots with a dollop of whipped cream and some festive sprinkles for a stunning adults-only treat that no one at your party will want to turn down.
And not only do these jello shots look pretty, but they taste pretty darn delicious as well. The bottom layer has a strawberry flavor and the top layer has a cherry flavor. So yummy.
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
Here is what you will need:
- Pink Starburst Gelatin– this will form the pink layer of the shots
- Cherry Jello – This will form the red layer of the shots.
- Vodka – you can use your favorite brand
- Water – you will need both boiling water and cold water to make the jello
- Whipped cream & sprinkles – to top the shots with just before serving
- Make ahead. While these shots are very simple to make, they do take quite a bit of time to set so I recommend you make them the day before your Valentine’s Day party so that they have plenty of time to set up overnight.
- Use plastic cups. If using glass shot glasses you will need to either run a knife around the jello to loosen it from the glass or eat the shot with a spoon. For this reason I recommend using plastic shot cups, as they make it easy to squeeze the jello out.
- Switch it up. Feel free to switch up the flavors with other varieties of Jello. Strawberry, raspberry, black cherry, and watermelon are all great options for a Valentine’s Day themed shot. Just be sure to use the same size packages as in the recipe or adjust the water and vodka amounts accordingly.
- Use a baking pan. Place your jello shots in a baking pan to make their easier to carry to and from the fridge for chilling. You couls even use a disposable foil baking pan for easy party transport and clean up.
Don’t Miss These Pretty Pink Valentine’s Day Cocktails
- In a large bowl, combine pink starburst jello mix and 1 ½ cup of boiling water. Whisk together for 2 minutes, or until Jello is fully dissolved. Stir in ¾ cup vodka and ¾ cup water. Allow to cool at room temperature for 15 minutes then pour into the shot glasses, filling them just about ⅓ of the way. Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours to set.
- In a large bowl, combine cherry jello mix and 2 cups of boiling water. Whisk together for 2 minutes, or until Jello is fully dissolved. Stir in 1 cup of vodka and 1 cup of water. Allow to cool at room temperature for 30 minutes then pour over the pink layer. Place in the refrigerator for 2 additional hours to fully set (overnight works too).
- Before serving top with whipped cream and Valentine’s Day sprinkles.
I recommend using plastic shot cups, as they make it easy to squeeze the jello out.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 28 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 58
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.