Enjoy this super easy Christmas Peppermint Bark recipe made with semi-sweet chocolate, peppermint candies, and red & green sprinkles.
Christmas Peppermint Bark Recipe
While I love traditional Peppermint Bark, made with layers of chocolate and white chocolate, I decided to throw together a peppermint bark with some ingredients that I had on hand, which did not include white chocolate.
Also, I didn’t have any candy canes on hand but I had round peppermint candies, which worked just as well.
I think this peppermint bark came out amazing! It will be the perfect chocolate treat to add to my Christmas cookie platter this year.
This recipe goes to show how much fun you can have customizing a chocolate bark recipe. You can really throw anything on top of the chocolate and it will taste amazing!
More easy Christmas treats:
- 3-Ingredient Christmas pretzel hugs
- Crockpot Christmas Candy
- Sugar cookie Christmas fudge
- Peppermint patty stuffed chocolate cookies – only 4 ingredients!
- Christmas crack
- Peppermint bark muddy buddies – easy 3 ingredient recipe!
- 24 oz semi-sweet chocolate chopped into ½" pieces
- 8 peppermint candies
- 2 tbsp red sugar sprinkles
- 2 tbsp green sugar sprinkles
- Line a 9" x 13" baking sheet with aluminum foil, shiny side up. Smooth out any wrinkles, then set aside.
- Place peppermint candies in a plastic baggie. Crush into small chunks using a meat tenderizer, then set aside.
- Melt the chocolate either in a double boiler (recommended) or in the microwave, carefully stirring at 30-second increments.
- Pour melted chocolate onto a prepared baking sheet. Tap the baking sheet on the counter to help the chocolate spread evenly and remove any air bubbles.
- Sprinkle immediately with the crushed candy and colored sugar.
- Place in refrigerator until firm (at least 45 minutes). Use foil to lift out of the baking sheet, and break into pieces.
Store in an airtight container. While Peppermint Bark can be stored at room temperature, I would recommend storing in the refrigerator to keep it from getting soft.