What better way to celebrate fall than with some delicious pumpkin chocolate chip bread? It is moist, delicious, spongey, and the perfect combination of fall flavors.
Like our 4-ingredient chocolate chip cake mix cookies the best thing about this chocolate chip pumpkin bread is how EASY it is to make!
No yeast or rising is required – just prep your ingredients and bake. It’s what makes this one of, if not THE, best pumpkin chocolate chip bread recipes.
homemade pumpkin chocolate chip bread
One of my favorite things about fall is all the pumpkin recipes I get to bake! Sure, I can bake them all year long if I want to, but it’s definitely more encouraged this time of year. Pumpkin everything is all over the place, after all! It’s the perfect time to break out my much-loved homemade pumpkin chocolate chip bread.
And if I don’t feel like baking, I just make this easy pumpkin fluff recipe instead.
I will tell you one thing though – one loaf just might not be enough. This stuff gets cleared out very quickly! Just like pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, the pumpkin flavor combines with the chocolate chips for a Fall recipe perfect for chocolate lovers.
Best pumpkin chocolate chip bread
Throughout the holiday season, I tend to keep baking up my pumpkin chocolate chip bread. It is so delicious and a real crowd-pleaser recipe! You can bake it for parties, potlucks, and it even makes a great gift for the family during the holidays.
While pumpkin pie is a treasured classic, pumpkin chocolate chip bread can be a great new tradition to add to the mix.
This stuff is so good – you won’t want to skip out on enjoying this one. You might even want to keep a pan (or two!) all to yourself.
Chocolate chip pumpkin bread ingredients
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- pumpkin pie spice
- granulated sugar
- light brown sugar
- pumpkin puree
- vegetable oil
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to make chocolate chip pumpkin bread
PREPARE: Preheat the oven to 350F and spray a 9×10 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. You can also line your loaf pan with parchment paper, but this is not completely necessary.
MIX INGREDIENTS: In a large bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups of flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and the salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and brown sugar. Add the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, vanilla, and milk. Gently fold all the ingredients together with a rubber spatula. Be careful not to over mix the ingredients!
ADD CHOCOLATE CHIPS: In a small bowl, toss the chocolate chips in remaining flour and then gently fold into the batter.
BAKE: Pour the batter into the loaf pan and if desired, add some extra chocolate chips on top. Bake in the oven for 55-75 minutes, making sure to check on the doneness of your batter after 55 minutes. If the bread begins to brown too quickly, tent it with foil.
SERVE: Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan and then slice into 10 equal slices. Serve and enjoy!
Can you freeze chocolate chip pumpkin bread?
You sure can! After baking, tightly wrap with plastic wrap or foil and freeze for up to 3 months. It will be safe beyond that time, but you’ll want to eat it within 3 months to enjoy it at its best quality.
How long will the bread last?
In the freezer, it will technically last indefinitely. However, you want to eat it within 3 months for the best quality. It will also last a week in the refrigerator or 3 days left out on the counter at room temperature.
How do you keep bread moist?
For the best results, you’ll want to wrap it tightly with plastic wrap or foil and place it into a freezer bag. This will prevent it from drying out and keep it as moist as possible.
More Delicious pumpkin recipes
- Pumpkin Crisp
- Baked Pumpkin Donuts
- Pumpkin Roll Cake
- Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- Pumpkin French Toast Sticks
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and spray a 9x10 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Optionally, line your loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups of flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, vanilla, and milk; gently fold all the ingredients together with a rubber spatula. Be careful not to over mix as the batter will be lumpy.
- In a small bowl, toss the chocolate chips in the remaining flour. Fold into the batter gently, until combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and if desired, sprinkle some extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 55-75 minutes, checking after 55 minutes for doneness in the center. If needed, tent it with foil in case the bread begins to brown too quickly.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan and then slice into 10 equal slices. Enjoy!
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Don’t forget to pin for later!
This recipe was shared on Meal Plan Monday!