You don’t need lightning or a fancy laboratory to make these adorable Halloween creations. These cute Frankenstein Suckers are easy to make using store-bought candies and are the perfect treat for your Halloween party!
For another Frankenstein treat try these easy Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats.
Now that I can feel the chill of Fall in the air, I can’t stop myself from thinking about Halloween and Halloween treats.
Halloween is one of my absolute favorite holidays.
I love me some pumpkins, jack-o-lanterns, skeletons, and all things spooky. I have so much fun answering the door for trick-or-treaters and seeing all the little ones in their costumes.
And, seriously, who doesn’t love Halloween candy?
Frankenstein Suckers (AKA Frankenstein Lollipops)
Today I want to share with you an easy recipe for Frankenstein Suckers (a.k.a. lollipops), made using Jolly Rancher candies.
These Jolly Rancher suckers really make the perfect Halloween party treat. Everyone will get a kick out of how cute they are, but only you will know how easy they were to make!
To make these little cuties you will need the following ingredients and supplies:
- Green Apple Jolly Ranchers
- Licorice jelly beans
- candy eyeballs
- edible writing marker
- lollipop sticks
How to Make Frankenstein Suckers
The first step to creating Frankenstein’s head is sticking 3 Jolly Ranchers together vertically.
Make sure that the Jolly Ranchers are touching each other so they melt together into one blob (as opposed to 3 separate blobs). Also, be sure to leave enough space so that you will be able to place a lollipop stick in them later.
Once you have all your Jolly Ranchers in place pop them into the oven until the Jolly Ranchers melt together (should take around 5-6 minutes).
After removing from oven immediately roll the end of a lollipop stick in each melted sucker towards the bottom.
Then quickly add jelly beans to the bottom sides to create “bolts.”
If suckers start to harden, grab a lighter. Carefully, hold the flame for a few seconds where you want to place the jelly bean. The flame will melt the sucker just enough so that you can stick on the jelly bean.
Repeat the process with the candy eyes. Use your lighter to melt the area where you want the eye to go, hold for just a few seconds, and then stick the eye on.
Let the suckers harden (about 10 minutes). Then, use your edible marker to draw on the hair, mouth, and scar.
That’s it, your adorable Frankenstein Suckers are now ready to serve!
More Jolly Rancher Lollipop Ideas
If you love these cute Frankenstein suckers, be sure to check out our Thanksgiving Turkey Suckers and Christmas Candy Cane Suckers recipes as well for more easy holiday Jolly Rancher lollipop recipes.
Enjoy and have a wonderful Halloween!
Don’t’ Miss These Halloween Party Treats
Shop Frankenstein Sucker Supplies
- Green Apple Jolly Ranchers
- Jelly Belly Licorice Jelly Beans
- Candy eyeballs
- Edible writing marker
- Lollipop sticks
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Unwrap Jolly Ranchers.
- Stick together 3 Jolly Ranchers vertically, making sure that they are touching. Also, be sure to leave enough space so that when they come out of the oven you can put a lollipop stick in them.
- Pop them in oven for about 5-6 minutes. Keep an eye on them and take them out when they are melted into the desired Frankenstein head shape.
- Immediately roll the end of a lollipop stick in each melted sucker towards the bottom.
- Quickly add jelly beans to the bottom sides to create “bolts.” If suckers start to harden, grab a lighter. Carefully, hold the flame for a few seconds where you want the jelly bean to go. The flame will melt the sucker just enough so that you can stick on the jelly bean.
- Repeat the process with the candy eyes. Use your lighter to melt the area where you want the eye to go, hold for just a few seconds, and then stick the eye on.
- Let them set at room temperature until they harden, about 10 minutes.
- Use the edible maker to draw on the hair, mouth, and scar.
Pin for Later:
This recipe was shared on The Weekend Potluck!