Ghost shaped pizzas with olive eyes are a quick and easy Halloween dinner idea that the kids will love. They would also be a hit with all the little ghosts and ghouls at your Halloween party!
Let’s face it. Pizza is a classic go-to option on Halloween night. But who said it had to be delivered?
This Halloween, get in the kitchen with the little ones and make these easy Mini Ghost Pizzas for dinner. Made with simple ingredients, these Halloween pizzas would be an easy Halloween party finger food option as well.
Easy Halloween Pizza
Your kids will love making these fun mini pizzas, and you will love how quick and easy they are to make thanks to the store-bought pizza crust.
Of course, you have the option to make your homemade dough for the crust if you have the time. But ready-made pizza crusts will leave more time for trick-or-treating.
Halloween Party Pizza
These Halloween cheese pizzas would also make a great recipe for your Halloween party. Pair them with mummy hot dogs for an awesome Halloween-themed food table.
If you wanted to make these for a Halloween party, consider making them ahead of time and freezing them before you bake them. You would need to increase the bake time, but this can save you time on the day of the party.
Or, if you are hosting a children’s Halloween party, consider letting the kids make their own pizzas. Not only would it be an excellent way for kids to spend time during a Halloween party but it would also save you from spending a small fortune on enough delivery pizza to feed a hungry crowd.
Ghost Pizzas Ingredients & Supplies
- Cooked pizza crusts – You can certainly make homemade pizza dough but I like to use store-bought pizza dough or pre-made pizza crusts to save time because lete’s face it: Halloween night is a bit crazy.
- Pizza sauce – Store-bought pizza sauce works just fine here, or try my homemade pizza sauce recipe. You can even use marinara sauce in a pinch.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese – another option is to get mozzarella cheese slices and use the ghost cookie cutter to slice each slice of mozzarella cheese before placing it on the pizza.
- Can of black olives
- Ghost-shaped cookie cutter – The stronger the cookie cutter the better. We used a plastic cutter but metal ghost cookie cutters would cut through the crust easier.
- Straw or paring knife
How to Make Mini Ghost Pizzas
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
- First, use a ghost cookie cutter to cut ghost shapes from cooked pizza crusts.
- Place the pizza crust onto a baking sheet and spread marinara sauce over them. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup, if desired.
- Top pizza with mozzarella cheese.
- Next, use a straw to punch out a small piece of your black olives. Then, use pieces of black olives to make the ghosts’ eyes.
- Bake, following the cooking time on your package of pizza crust.
- Finally, remove the spooky pizza from the oven, allow them to rest for a few minutes, then serve.
Spooky Halloween Pizza Tips & Variations
- Try adding a marinara sauce mouth to your ghostly pizza.
- While we made our pizzas in a ghost shape, you can really use any Halloween cookie cutters you would like to create other shapes of mini pizzas. Pick up a set of Halloween cookie cutters and let your little pizza makers get creative!
- The toppings we used were very simple: sauce, cheese, and black olives. However, if your kids are making different shapes, a variety of vegetable toppings could be used to make colorful and healthy pizzas. Let the kids have fun with their favorite toppings!
More Halloween Ideas
Follow dinner with one of these spooky and sweet Halloween desserts:
- Ghosts in the Graveyard Poke Cake
- Ghost Donuts
- Spiderweb Cupcakes
- Mummy Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
I hope that you enjoy this Halloween pizza recipe as much as we do! They have become a Halloween tradition in our house!
Mini Ghost Pizzas
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 3 pre-made pizza crusts
- 1 jar pizza sauce, or homemade
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 handful black olives
- Prep baking sheet with a thin layer of non-stick cooking spray.
- Use a ghost cookie cutter to cut ghost shapes from cooked pizza crusts. Place ghosts on a baking sheet.
- Spoon on pizza sauce on the top of the pizza.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Use a straw to punch out "eyes" from black olives. Place "eyes" on ghosts.
- Bake, following the cooking time on the package of pizza crusts. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.