These vanilla Peeps cupcakes make the perfect Easter dessert recipe. The little ones are sure to love this Easter bunny inspired treat!
Peek a Boo Peeps Easter Cupcake Recipe
I can't believe that Easter is already just around the corner. How did that happen?!
Today I wanted to share this super cute Peek-a-Boo Peeps Easter Cupcake recipe with you.
The kiddies will love these cupcakes, as I am sure they will get a kick out of the colorful bunnies playing peek-a-boo with them.
If you want to make the recipe even easier, you can opt to use a boxed cake mix for the cupcakes rather than make them from scratch. The choice is entirely yours and it won't make a huge difference either way.
Also, I went ahead and added links for those more difficult to find / specialty items right below the recipe in case you want to order them.
I hope that you are the kids enjoy these fun Peeps cupcakes! They are seriously one of my favorite Easter dessert recipes!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4+ cups powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Easter Marshmallow Peeps Bunnies
- Green gel food coloring
- Wilton Icing Decorating Tip – small flower
- Wilton Royal Icing Flower Decorations
Vanilla Cupcake Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Beat sugar, cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer for about 1 1/2 minutes or until well mixed.
- Add butter, mixing on medium to low speed for 2 additional minutes or until batter has an appearance of small crumbly pieces.
- Whisk eggs, sour cream, and vanilla together until texture is smooth.
- Pour the liquid mixture in with the dry ingredients, beating until combined on medium speed.
- Reduce speed to low while gradually adding milk to the above mixture. Batter may be thin and watery.
- Spoon batter into paper liners until 2/3 of the way filled.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Take out of oven and cool for 5-10 minutes while still in cupcake pan.
- Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once completely cooled, use a small spoon to dig a hole in the center of each cupcake.
Grass Frosting Directions:
- Cream butter and powdered sugar until light and creamy. If it doesn't cream add several drops of the heavy whipping cream as needed until it creams.
- Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down. If the frosting stays on the spoon it is ready if not then add more powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time.
- Add several drops of green gel food coloring to achieve the appropriate color. Mix well to blend color throughout frosting.
- Scoop frosting into a pastry bag with a flower tip.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the tip.
- Start by frosting on the outside edge of the cupcake working in towards the center.
- Frost around the hole in the center of the cupcake.
- Place a peep into the hole so that its head sticks out of the cupcake.
- Position a couple flower decorations on the frosted cupcake.
- Wilton Icing Decorations, Royal Flower Rainbow, Mini
- Wilton Master Decorating Tip Set, 55-Piece
- Baking Cups Cupcake Liners, Green
- Wilton Icing Colors, 8-Count Icing Colors
- Easter Marshmallow Peeps Bunnies Variety Pack 4 Count
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.