Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
If you’re looking for some delicious peanut butter cookies for the holidays, you will love these peanut butter blossom cookies! So full of delicious flavor that melt in your mouth from the first bite.
Now, if you’re anything like me, the moment holidays hit – you’re all over the baking. Peanut butter cookies, sugar cookies, fudge, you name it.
These will be no different! I can’t begin to tell you how absolutely delicious these Hershey’s kiss cookies are. They melt in your mouth and the peanut butter matched with the chocolate?
Pure. Heaven. It’s so delicious!
Don’t feel like turning on your oven? Give these no-bake peanut butter cookies a try!
Peanut butter blossoms
What I really love about these peanut butter blossoms is that you can really customize it just by switching out the Hershey’s kisses candies like we did with our candy cane kiss cookies.
Sure, the hug styled kisses are delicious but so are the classic kisses! You can’t go wrong with pure chocolate on these peanut butter cookies.
Not to mention, there are so many options for kisses these days. Hugs alone have lots of variations and there are even filled options (although I imagine these could get messy if they begin to melt).
Hershey’s kiss cookies
Now if you like easy cookie recipes, you’ll be happy to know these peanut butter blossom cookies are pretty simple to make! You simply mix together the dough, bake, add some kisses, and allow them to cool. I’m not sure it could get much easier than that!
Oh and did I mention how much of a crowd-pleaser these are? You might want to save some extras for yourself because I guarantee they won’t last long!
Peanut butter blossom cookies ingredients
- light brown sugar
- peanut butter
- baking soda
- baking powder
- Hershey’s hugs kisses
How to make peanut butter blossom cookies
PREPARE: Start by preheating the oven to 350F and lining two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
MIX DOUGH: Using a stand mixer, beat together the sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, butter, and egg until combined and smooth. In another large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Gradually beat in the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until well combined and a dough forms.
FORM COOKIES: Pour sugar into a bowl and then scoop out some dough onto your hands with an ice cream scoop. Roll into a ball and roll the cookie into the sugar and place onto the cookie sheet. Repeat for 11 more cookies.
BAKE: Bake in the oven for 11 minutes and allow them to cool for 1-2 minutes.
ADD KISSES AND SERVE: Place the Hershey kisses into the center and allow them to fully cool for 5 more minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat steps with remaining dough and serve when cooled. Enjoy!
What if I only have salted butter? Can I use that?
It is not recommended, no. Salted butter has an undetermined amount of salt content and can alter the taste and final result of baked goods. When possible, use unsalted butter.
What kind of Hershey’s kisses are best with these?
You can use whatever kisses you’d like! While we love to use our favorite Hershey hugs kisses, you can also use your standard Hershey chocolate kisses as well.
How long will these last?
It depends! At room temperature, they will last several days. You can also freeze the peanut butter cookies for up to 6 months in an airtight container.
What is the best way to store them?
I’ve found the best way to store these is in an airtight container with a snap lid. You can also store in a plastic bag, but keeping shape may become a little tricky.
Want even more holiday treats? Check out these recipes:
- Sugar Cookie Christmas Fudge
- Soft Gingerbread Cookies
- Christmas Pretzel Hugs
- Peppermint Patty Cookies
- Gingerbread Men Cookies
- Crinkle Cookies
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- 3 cups granulated sugar divided
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 bag of Hershey’s Hugs Kisses unwrapped
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, beat together 1 cup of sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, butter, and egg until combined and smooth.
- In another large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until a dough forms.
- Pour the remaining sugar into a bowl and scoop out some of the dough onto your hands with an ice cream scoop. Roll into a ball and then roll in the sugar and place on your prepared cookie sheet. Repeat for 11 more cookies.
- Bake in the oven for 11 minutes and allow them to cool for another 1-2 minutes.
- Place a Hershey's kiss into the center of each cookie and allow them to fully cool for 5 more minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Repeat these steps with the remaining dough and serve when cooled. Enjoy!