Hocus pocus punch is an easy 3 ingredient Halloween punch for kids that is perfect to enjoy while watching the new movie Hocus Pocus 2, at your local Halloween party, or while handing out treats to trick-or-treaters on Halloween night.
Planning the perfect Halloween party? This gorgeous orange drink should totally be on the menu!
The fun punch is kid-friendly so everyone at your party can enjoy it.
If you have adults attending your shindig you could even fix them a glass of spiked hocus pocus punch or make them this witches brew cocktail and they’ll be talking about the party for months.
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Mango Peach Juice—I used V8 Splash which gives the Halloween party punch a beautiful orange color that is perfect for the Halloween season. You can substitute for another flavor of juice but this may alter the drink’s color and taste.
- Peach Sparkling Water— Lemon-lime soda, ginger ale, or another flavor of sparkling water would work as well. Just make sure whatever you choose pairs nicely with the flavor of the juice.
- Rainbow Sherbet— This is what really makes this festive hocus pocus punch recipe special! Let the kids drop it in and watch the fizzy hocus pocus magic happen right before your eyes. We used tropical rainbow sherbet but regular rainbow sherbet or even orange or lime sherbet would work as well.
- Measuring Cups
- Ice Cream Scoop
How to make Hocus Pocus punch
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
- Pour mango juice into a glass over ice cubes.
- Add sparkling water.
- Stir to combine.
- Top with rainbow sherbet and serve.
This non-alcoholic Halloween punch for kids is best enjoyed right when you make it because of the sherbet.
If you really want to make the kids Halloween punch ahead of time I would suggest just mixing the juice and sparkling water together and holding off on the sherbet until you’re ready to serve it.
Recipe tips and additions
- Spike it. If you want to make a hocus pocus cocktail for adults, you can! Use whatever alcohol you prefer. Here are some fun ideas: orange-flavored vodka, tequila, or even some Malibu rum!
- Swap the juice. You can use whatever juice you want. If you want super simple, you can mix pineapple juice and orange juice together.
- Add grenadine. Drizzle a little grenadine in there for a touch of “blood” if you want to give the easy drink a creepy vibe.
- Garnish. Hang a couple of gummy worms out the side of the glass.
- Use glow-in-the-dark cups. To keep this drink on theme, instead of glasses (kids and glass don’t always mix), grab some glow-in-the-dark cups from the party store or get a set online and watch them light up.
Hocus pocus Halloween punch: FAQ
For a large batch use an entire jug of juice, 4 cans of peach-flavored sparkling water, and then an entire pint of sherbet. fI you want to make it even more festive, make it in a cauldron for Halloween!
Yes! It’s simple to turn this Halloween mocktail recipe into a cocktail recipe. Follow the directions as normal and then add your spirit of choice. Tequila, vodka, or even white rum would make a delicious adult beverage.
There you have it–a fun and easy Hocus Pocus-themed drink to enjoy this Halloween. Enjoy and have a very happy Halloween!
More Halloween favorites
Hocus Pocus Punch
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- ⅔ cup mango peach juice, I used V8
- ½ cup peach sparkling water
- 1 scoop rainbow sherbet
- In a glass, pour mango peach juice over ice.
- Pour in sparkling water and stir to combine with the mango peach juice.
- Top with a generous scoop of sherbet.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.