The Dirty Snowman cocktail is a boozy winter drink made with rich hot chocolate, vanilla ice cream, and Baileys.
Topped with fluffy whipped cream and sprinkles, this indulging adult hot chocolate is basically a dessert in a cocktail form. Just like our boozy caramel hot chocolate.
The warm hot chocolate melts the ice cream as you sip away, creating a delicious mixture of melted ice cream, hot cocoa, and Baileys. Simply amazing.
If you a fan of Baileys like I am, you will also love this Baileys Irish Cream Poke Cake.
Plus, you will love how quick and easy this spiked hot chocolate is to make. All you need are a few simple ingredients and about two minutes of your time.
So the next time you are feeling sick of the cold winter weather, mix yourself up a delicious dirty snowman and enjoy!
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Vanilla Ice Cream – use your favorite brand
- Baileys Irish Cream – a sweet and creamy Irish whiskey-based liquor with a hint of chocoalte flavor.
- Hot chocolate – You can use homemade hot chocolate or make a cup using a packet of hot chocolate mix.
- Whipped cream – Top it all off with a generous swirl of whipped cream.
- Optional garnishes: Dress up your boozy hot chocolate with chocolate sprinkles, chocolate syrup, and/or chocolate shavings
Substitutions and Variations
- Chocolate Ice Cream: Chocolate-lover? Use chocolate ice cream for even more chocolate flavor.
- Swap the alcohol: Creme de cacao, Kahlua, RumChata, and chocoalte vodka would all be delicious options to try.
- Make it stronger: This drink is rather light on the alcohol so feel free to double the Baileys or add in another liquor if desired.
- Non-alcoholic: Or skip the alcohol althougher for a tasty treat the whole family can enjoy.
More delicious winter cocktails
- ½ cup vanilla ice cream (1 scoop)
- ⅛ cup Baileys (1 ounce)
- 1 cup hot chocolate
- whipped cream, for topping
- chocolate sprinkles, optional topping
- Add 1 large scoop of ice cream to a mug.
- Pour Baileys and hot chocolate over the ice cream.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 483
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.