Cake batter popcorn is an easy and delicious cake batter dessert made with 5 just simple ingredients. Great for kids and for parties!
Cake Batter Popcorn Recipe
Cake batter is one of those flavors that I just can’t get enough of.
I could eat an entire cake’s worth of batter right out of the bowl–maybe two if it is funfetti cake mix! It is just so stinkin’ amazing. But since that would certainly result in a nasty tummy ache, I opt for cake batter flavored treats such as this popcorn or cake batter blondies instead.
My love for cake batter and for gourmet popcorn combine with this easy cake batter popcorn recipe.
>> RELATED: Magical Unicorn Popcorn
Until now, cake batter dip has been my go-to for when I am craving that delicious cake batter flavor. But now I have options.
I hope you enjoy this amazing cake batter flavored treat as much as I do!
Prepared in just 15 minutes and with only 5 ingredients, I am sure that it will become one of your favorites as well.
It is easy enough for the kids to help make, and it is perfect for birthday parties or any other parties.
>> Related: 3-Ingredeint Funfetti Cookies
How to Make Cake Batter Popcorn
Start by gathering everything that you will need to make your popcorn.
- Marshmallow Fluff
- vanilla extract
- rainbow sprinkles
You will also need a large microwave-safe bowl, mixing spoon, baking sheet, and non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper.
Start by prepping your baking sheet by covering it with a thin layer of non-stick cooking spray or lining it with parchment paper. This will help keep the popcorn from sticking to the baking sheet as it sets.
Then, empty your entire container of Fluff into a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 25 seconds, stir, then microwave for another 25 seconds.
Mix in butter and vanilla.
Add popcorn, stirring gently to make sure all the popcorn gets coated in Fluff.
Add sprinkles, and stir gently.
Spread coated popcorn out evenly on your baking sheet, then top with remaining sprinkles.
Place baking sheet in the refrigerator to set overnight, or for at least 4 hours.
Popcorn is fully set when it is no longer tacky.
Serve immediately or break up and place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy.
Cake Batter Popcorn
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 6 cups popped popcorn, preferably air-popped
- 1 - 7.5 oz container Marshmallow Fluff
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sprinkles, divided
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Microwave Marshmallow Fluff in a large microwave-safe container for 25 seconds. Stir well, then heat for an additional 25 seconds.
- Add butter and vanilla extract. Stir to mix well.
- Stir in popcorn.
- Add 1/8 cup sprinkles. Stir gently until well combined.
- Spread popcorn onto the baking sheet in an even layer. Top with remaining sprinkles.
- Place baking sheet in the refrigerator and allow popcorn to set until no longer tacky to the touch (at least 4 hours). Once fully set, break up the popcorn and serve, or store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Pin for Later: