Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
Under the Sea banana treats are a fun and easy-to-make kids treat. The ocean-themed snacks are perfect for under-the-sea parties, mermaid parties, or ocean-themed parties.
Summer birthdays are the best, aren’t they?
I love that my little guy has a July birthday so that we can have outdoor parties with fun summery themes. Hopefully he will want to have an under-the-sea themed party one year, because I am racking up a ton of ocean-themed party ideas such as these adorable banana pops.
Make a batch of these no-bake clam shell cookies for your under-the-sea party as well!
These banana treats are super easy to make, and a great recipe to let the kids help out with.
Pair these fishie banana treats with this paper plate fish craft for more fish-themed fun!
Start by gathering your supplies
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Popsicle Sticks
- Blue Wilton Candy Melts
- Sprinkles – I haven’t been able to find the same fish sprinkles we used but these Fish Sprinkles are a great alternative.
- Parchment paper – or wax paper
A Wilton Melting Pot would be helpful to melt the Candy Melts with, but you could also use a double boiler or your microwave instead.
How to Make Under the Sea Banana Treats
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Have an adult cut the bananas in half and press popsicle sticks into each of them.
Then, let the kids help dip the bananas into the melted blue candy melts (aka “ocean water”).
After dipping the bananas have the kids place them down on wax paper and cover them in fish sprinkles.
This is seriously such a fun and easy summer snack idea for the children.
Plus, any recipe that gets the kids excited about eating fruit is a winner in my book.
I hope you and your kiddos enjoy these fun Under the Sea Banana Treats!
Make a batch of Under the Sea Ocean Slime for the kids to play with before their snack!
Under the Sea Banana Treats
- Place a sheet of parchment paper or wax paper on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Cut each banana in half.
- Place a popsicle stick in the bottom of each banana.
- Melt candy melts according to directions on the package, either in the microwave, on the stove top, or in a Wilton Candy Melting Pot.
- Coat each banana with the melted blue candy melts.
- Sprinkle each banana with fish sprinkles. The candy melts harden fast, so be sure to work quickly.
- Once all banana treats are prepared, place baking sheet in fridge to allow the candy melts to harden completely before serving.