Whether you are looking for the perfect Easter dessert or simply a fun treat to make with the kids this Spring, these Rice Krispie nests are sure to be a hit. They are easy to make, super adorable, and delicious too!
I love a good no-bake recipe, and these Rice Krispies nests are one of my favorites. With their Springtime vibe, these treats are perfect to make this time of year.
They are also a great option if you are looking for an easy Easter dessert idea.
I often see these Rice Krispie Easter treats made with shredded coconut, dyed green with green food coloring.
I have also seen them made using edible grass.
Since we are total chocolate-lovers, we opted to use green chocolate instead.
I think they came out great – what do you think?
I like using Robin's Eggs for these bird's nest treats, but you could use jelly beans or jordan almonds instead if you wanted to. Any egg-shaped treats would work really.
Whatever you use, they are sure to look great and be delicious!
Shop Rice Krispie Nests Ingredients & Supplies:
Candy Colors, Set of 4Nestle Premier White MorselsRachael Ray Oven Lovin' Non-Stick Muffin PanWilton Chocolate Melting PotWhoppers Mini Robin EggsCadbury Mini EggsBrach's Jelly BeansJordan AlmondsIf you love no-bake treats, be sure to check out our bunny bait Easter snack mix recipe as well. It is so easy to make and always a hit with the littles.
If you love no-bake treats, be sure to check out our bunny bait Easter snack mix recipe as well. It is so easy to make and always a hit with the littles.
- 1.5 tbsp butter + extra (softened) for coating pan
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Green food coloring
- Mini candy eggs
- Coat a muffin pan with butter and set aside.
- In a medium-sized pot, melt butter and marshmallows together over medium heat. Once melted, remove pot from heat, add rice cereal and mix until cereal is well-coated.
- Place enough of the cereal mixture in each muffin tin to so that it is filled. Shape the cereal mixture so that there is an indent in the center. Allow to cool completely and then remove from muffin tin.
- Melt white chocolate using a double broiler. Remove from heat, add 2 drops of food coloring, and stir well. Add additional drops if necessary until you have achieved your desired shade of green.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the center of each rice cereal treat cup. Add a few candy eggs to each and serve.