An easy no-bake pistachio pudding dessert recipe made with lush layers of pistachio pudding, whipped topping, graham crackers, and chopped nuts.
For another easy pistachio dessert try my easy 5-ingredient watergate salad recipe.
Today I want to share a super easy icebox cake recipe perfect for pistachio lovers like my husband.
My husband loves this no-bake pistachio dessert so much, he is already asking me when I will be making it again.
What is an Icebox Cake?
Icebox cakes are easy no-bake desserts that are stored in the refrigerator (referred to as an “icebox” back in the day).
They are typically made by layering cookies or graham crackers with whipped cream, pudding and/or no-bake cheesecake. Other common mix-ins and toppings are often included as well, such as fruit, chocolate syrup, or crushed candy.
After sitting in the fridge overnight the cookie layer softens which results in a cool and delicious treat.
Icebox cakes may also be referred to as dessert lasagna, dream dessert, lush, or layered dessert.
But no matter what you call them, one thing is certain. They taste incredible and couldn’t be easier to make.
Pistachio Pudding Icebox Dessert
You will make this pistachio pudding dessert by alternating layers of graham crackers, pistachio pudding, and whipped topping (e.g., Cool Whip) in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
Then, you will place the cake in the fridge for at least 4 hours to allow it to chill and the graham crackers absorb the pudding and soften up.
Finally, sprinkle on some chopped pistachios just before slicing and serving.
I always prepare my icebox cakes the day before I would like to serve them. They can chill overnight and I don’t have to worry about making them early in the day to allow for the 4 hour chill time.
I hope you and your family enjoy this easy pistachio pudding dessert recipe.
If you do decide to give it a shot, please come back and let me know how you liked it! I always love checking out comments and reviews from readers!
- 2 (3.4 oz) boxes instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 1 tub (16 oz) whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 (16 oz) box graham crackers (whole, not crumbs)
- chopped pistachios, for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk together for 2 minutes. Fold in ½ of the whipped topping.
- Cover the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish with a single layer of whole graham crackers. Add ½ the pudding mixture, and spread into an even layer. Repeat with another layer of graham crackers and then the rest of the pudding. Top with remaining whipped topping.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, or for at least 4 hours.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios if desired, slice, and serve.
You will have some graham crackers left over, enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. Accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Pin for Later: