Mini chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecakes are totally irresistible with a chocolate chip cookie crust topped with creamy no-bake cheesecake for a double dose of cookie flavor.
These easy chocolate chip cookie dough mini cheesecakes combine two of my favorite desserts: cheesecake and chocolate chip cookies.
More specifically, chocolate chip cookie dough. I love, love, love cookie dough flavored desserts like cookie dough dip and these tasty miniture cheesecake cups.
Made in a standard-size muffin tin, these cookie dough cheesecake cupcakes are individual-sized so everyone gets their own. No slicing and serving required!
And you will love how easy they are to make thanks to two shortcuts: using store-bought refrigerated cookie dough for the crust and a no-bake cheesecake for the filling.
That’s right, with this no-bake chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake recipe there is no cracking eggs, no springform pan to deal with, and no water bath! You can thank me later 🙂
Simply press the pre-made cookie dough into the cupcake liners and bake. Then mix up the cheesecake filling, scoop it into the cups, and pop it in the fridge to set. Boom-you are done!
That said, while we used store-bought cookie dough for the base, you can feel free to use your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.
While these cookie dough cheesecake bites are wonderful served as-in, you can also elevate them with any combination of these tasty toppings:
- whiped cream
- mini chocolate chips
- cookie crumbles
- mini chocolate chip cookies
- a drizzle of melted chocolate
- cookie dough bites
- The key to smooth and creamy cheesecake is to use room temperature ingredients (aside from the heavy cream). So make sure that you bring the sour cream and cream cheese to room temperature before beginning.
- It is equally important to that your heavy cream is very cold so that it whips well. Don’t take it out of the refrigerator until you are ready to whip it up. You can even pop your mixer attachments and micing bowl in the fridge for 15-20 before whipping your cream for good measure.
- You will have leftover cookie dough from a package of refrigerated cookie dough after making your crusts. Use it to make a few cookies or make some mini cookies to top your cheesecakes.
- Make your mini cheesecakes a day ahead and let them set in the fridge overnight so you aren’t rushing around trying to make them and give them enough time to set the day you plan on serving them.
Refrigerator: Store covered or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Freezer: For longer storage freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours before serving.
More desserts for cheesecake-lovers
- ¾ cups refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream, room temperature
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a muffin pan with 12 paper liners or place 12 silicone cups onto a cookie sheet.
- Press 1 Tablespoon of cookie dough into the bottom of each muffin liner. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350°F or until lightly golden. Remove from oven and set aside to cool as you prepare the cheesecake filling.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together the cream cheese, sour cream, and brown sugar for 2 minutes until smooth and well-combined. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whip the heavy cream on medium-high speed until it forms stiff peaks, about 4-5 minutes.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, along with the vanilla extract. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop 2 Tablespoons of cheesecake filling onto each cookie crust.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours, or until firm.
Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
For longer storage freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
This delicious mini cheesecake recipe was shared on The Weekend Potluck.