This letter M craft with printable template is part of our letter of the week craft series, designed to foster letter recognition in preschoolers.
Last week we shared a Leaf craft for the letter L.
This week we are back with a new letter of the week craft. We will be making a moon craft for the letter M.
This craft requires tracing and cutting. Depending on the child's age, you may need to do the tracing and/or the cutting for them and have the foam pieces ready for them to work with. This way the child can skip the tracing and cutting and simply glue the pieces together.
For older children, such as pre-k or kindergarteners, you may want to trace the template onto the foam pieces for them, but then allow them to work on their fine motor skills by cutting the pieces out on their own.
Letter M is for Moon
Supplies & Materials for Letter M Craft
- Letter M template, printed on paper or cardstock (get yours here: Letter M Printable Template)
- Moon template, printed on paper or cardstock (get yours here: Moon Printable Template)
- Craft foam or colored cardstock (we used craft foam but either one will work)
- Black marker
Letter M is for Moon Craft
1. Cut letter M out from the template.
2. Trace Letter M onto craft foam.
3. Cut the letter M out.
4. Cut out moon and star shapes from template and trace onto craft foam. Cut out.
5. Cut white cloud shapes out from white craft foam.
6. Glue clouds on to the letter M.
7. Glue moon and stars onto the letter M.
I hope that you and the little ones enjoy this letter M craft project.
Lookout for our letter N craft next!
Until then, happy crafting!