Mini Ghost Pizzas are a quick and easy Halloween dinner idea that the kids will love!
Let’s face it. Pizza is a classic go-to option on Halloween. But who said it had to be delivered?
This Halloween, get in the kitchen with the little ones and make these easy Mini Ghost Pizzas for dinner.
Looking for more Halloween dinner ideas? Check out this haunted shepherds pie!
Halloween Dinner Idea: Mini Ghost Pizzas
Your kids will love making these fun mini pizzas, and you will love how quick and easy they are to make thanks to the store-bought pizza crust.
Of course, you have the option to make your own pizza dough for the crust if you have the time. But ready-made pizza crusts will leave more time for trick-or-treating.
Halloween Party Food
These Halloween pizzas would also make a great recipe for your Halloween party. Pair them with mummy hot dogs for an awesome Halloween-themed food table.
If you wanted to make these for a Halloween party, consider making them ahead of time and freezing them before you bake them. You would need to increase the bake time, but this can save you time on the day of the party.
Or, if you are hosting a children’s Halloween party, consider letting the kids make their own pizzas. Not only would it be an excellent way for kids to spend time during a Halloween party but it would also save you from spending a small fortune on enough delivery pizza to feed a hungry crowd of little ghosts and ghouls.
Ghost Pizzas Ingredients & Supplies
- Cooked pizza crusts
- Jar of pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Can of black olives
- Ghost-shaped cookie cutter — The stronger the cookie cutter the better. We used a plastic cutter but this metal one would cut through the crust easier.
How to Make Mini Ghost Pizzas
- First, use a ghost cookie cutter to cut ghost shapes from cooked pizza crusts.
- Place the pizza crust onto a baking sheet and spoon sauce over them.
- Then sprinkle each pizza with mozzarella cheese.
- Next, use a straw to punch out small circles from your black olives. Place the dots on the ghost to serve as eyes.
- Bake, following the cooking time on your package of pizza crust.
- Finally, remove the mini ghost pizzas from the oven and serve.
More Halloween Pizza Ideas
While this recipe is to make ghost pizza, you can really use any cookie cutters you would like to create other shapes of mini pizzas. Pick up a set of Halloween shaped cookie cutters and let the kids get creative!
The toppings we used were very simple: sauce, cheese, and black olives. However, if your kids are making different shapes, a variety of vegetable toppings could be used to make colorful and healthy pizzas. Have fun with it!
Follow With One of These Spooky & Sweet Halloween Desserts:
- 3 pre-made pizza crusts
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 2 (8 oz) bags shredded mozzarella cheese
- handful of black olives
- Prep baking sheet with a thin layer of non-stick cooking spray.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut ghost shapes from cooked pizza crusts. Place ghosts on a baking sheet.
- Spoon on pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Use a straw to punch out "eyes" from black olives. Place "eyes" on ghosts.
- Bake, following the cooking time on the package of pizza crusts. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Variation: make your pizzas in other shapes by using different cookie cutters and adding toppings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 635
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. Accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.