These adorable Easter bunny cupcakes are easy to make using Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and a few other delicious candies.
Today I have another super cute Easter dessert recipe for you – chocolate bunny cupcakes!
Now you will need to stock up on candy to make these babies as the bunnies are made out of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Whoppers, Tootsie Rolls, and Sweet Tarts. Holy candy overload!
Below I have the recipe for the homemade chocolate frosting and instructions on how to decorate the cupcakes to look like bunnies.
For another adorable bunny treat check out these Easter bunny pancakes. They are perfect for serving the kids on Easter morning.
You can use a boxed chocolate cake mix to make your cupcakes, buy chocolate cupcakes at the bakery, or make your favorite homemade chocolate cupcake recipe. Totally your call!
While these chocolate bunnies look like they took a lot of skill to make, they really are easy.
Let’s take a look how we put them together, step by step.
How to Make Bunny Cupcakes
Then use the black decorating gel to “glue” on a Sweet Tart Chewy candy as the nose and add details like a smile and whiskers.
Place Whoppers into the frosting to make the bunnies hands.
Place the peanut butter cup onto the frosting.
Use a rolling pin to flatten Tootsie Rolls and cut out the shape of bunny ears. Pop the ears in the fridge to harden for a minute while you melt a bit of chocolate in your microwave. Then, use a bit of melted chocolate as “glue” to attach the ears to the top of the bunny’s head.
That’s it! Your bunnies are ready to be enjoyed!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Bunny Cupcakes
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 24 chocolate cupcakes, homemade or from box mix
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
Decorating Supplies / Candy:
- 24 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- 48 Whoppers
- 24 Sweet Tarts Chewy Candy
- 24 Tootsie Rolls
- ½ cup chocolate hcips or almond bark
- black decorating gel tube
- white decorating gel tube, or candy eyes
For the Frosting
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter until smooth and fluffy. Gradually mix in confectioners sugar and cocoa powder. Add 2 Tablespoons of heavy whipping cream; beat for an additional 3-4 minutes until stiff peaks form.
- Add up to another tablespoon of heavy whipping cream if needed to thin out the buttercream.
- Spoon buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a round tip. Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes.
- Using white decorating gel, draw a dot for the base of each eye on the peanut butter cups. Then, add a small black dot for the pupal using black decorating gel. Using the white decorating gel again, pipe on a tiny white dot in the center of the pupil.
- Use black decorating gel to attach a Sweet Tart in the center of each peanut butter cup as the nose.
- Continue with black decorating gel, drawing on whiskers and a smile (eyebrows are optional).
- Set bunny faces aside to allow decorating gel to dry.
- Press Whoppers into the frosting on either side to form the bunny’s hands.
- Place peanut butter cups on cupcakes.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten Tootsie Rolls. Use a knife to cut into ear shape. Place ears into the freezer for 5 minutes to harden.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave by heating in 30-second incriments, stirring after each, until completely melted.
- Remove ears from freezer, bend into desired shape, dip bottom into melted chocolate, and place on the top of the peanut butter cup.
- Use a boxed chocolate cake mix and premade chocolate frosting to save time.
- You can use candy eyes instead of making the eyes with the decorating gel.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.