The Dirty Snowman cocktail is a boozy winter drink made with rich hot chocolate, vanilla ice cream, and Baileys.
Topped with fluffy whipped cream and sprinkles, this indulging adult hot chocolate is basically a dessert in a cocktail form. Just like our boozy caramel hot chocolate.
The warm hot chocolate melts the ice cream as you sip away, creating a delicious mixture of melted ice cream, hot cocoa, and Baileys. Simply amazing.
If you a fan of Baileys like I am, you will also love this Baileys Irish Cream Poke Cake.
Plus, you will love how quick and easy this spiked hot chocolate is to make. All you need are a few simple ingredients and about two minutes of your time.
So the next time you are feeling sick of the cold winter weather, mix yourself up a delicious dirty snowman and enjoy!
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Vanilla Ice Cream – use your favorite brand
- Baileys Irish Cream – a sweet and creamy Irish whiskey-based liquor with a hint of chocoalte flavor.
- Hot chocolate – You can use homemade hot chocolate or make a cup using a packet of hot chocolate mix.
- Whipped cream – Top it all off with a generous swirl of whipped cream.
- Optional garnishes: Dress up your boozy hot chocolate with chocolate sprinkles, chocolate syrup, and/or chocolate shavings
Substitutions and Variations
- Chocolate Ice Cream: Chocolate-lover? Use chocolate ice cream for even more chocolate flavor.
- Swap the alcohol: Creme de cacao, Kahlua, RumChata, and chocoalte vodka would all be delicious options to try.
- Make it stronger: This drink is rather light on the alcohol so feel free to double the Baileys or add in another liquor if desired.
- Non-alcoholic: Or skip the alcohol althougher for a tasty treat the whole family can enjoy.
More delicious winter cocktails
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- ½ cup vanilla ice cream, 1 scoop
- ⅛ cup Baileys, 1 ounce
- 1 cup hot chocolate
- whipped cream, for topping
- chocolate sprinkles, optional topping
- Add 1 large scoop of ice cream to a mug.
- Pour Baileys and hot chocolate over the ice cream.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
do you make the hot chocolate like you normally would? heated? also, do you make the hot chocolate with milk or water?
Jaclyn Shimmel says
Yes, you can make whatever kind of hot chocolate you would like. Homemade or from mix. If using a mix just follow the directions on the mix. If they say you can use water or milk I would choose milk since it will be creamier. Also, yes the hot chocolate should be heated and warm. Enjoy!
I want all of the recipes
Susan M Hineman says
Can you use the Keurig cups for hot chocolate!
Jaclyn Shimmel says
Yes, you could use hot chocolate from a K-cup. However, that kind of hot chocolate is less creamy than hot chocolate made with milk so you will want to keep that in mind.