Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
A cast iron skillet cookie recipe for a gigantic sugar cookie with rainbow sprinkles and homemade pink frosting. The sprinkles give the skillet cookie a funfetti vibe, making it perfect for birthday parties or other celebrations.
If you are looking for new ways to use your cast iron skillet, you will love this skillet sugar cookie recipe. With rainbow sprinkles and pink frosting, this fun and festive skillet cookie would be perfect for a birthday party or similar celebration.
Although, you can easily switch up the theme of the skillet cookie to match any occasion by using different sprinkles and frosting. Use red and green for Christmas, black and orange for Halloween, etc… Just have fun with the recipe and feel free to make it your own.
Looking for a cake fit for a unicorn-lover? Check out this magical unicorn cheesecake recipe.
Plus, who doesn’t love those huge cookies you find in grocery store bakeries?! It’s hard to resist such a big and yummy cookie. When I was younger I would beg my mother to buy us those gigantic cookies from the store! Those grocery store gigantic cookie pies and black and white cookies were my favorite treats ever. I loved how soft and moist the huge cookies were in the center. I was so happy when I found that this cast iron skillet cookie comes out the same way – soft and chewy in the center.
If you want to serve one of those amazing gigantic cookies for your a birthday party, or just because, you can make a nice and thick cast iron skillet cookie at home with this simple recipe. Let me tell you: this homemade gigantic sugar cookie tastes better than the ones in from grocery store, and it costs a lot less too!
Shop Cast Iron Skillet Cookie Supplies:
More delicious cookie recipes:
Cast Iron Skillet Cookie
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tablespoons vanilla extrat
- Handful sprinkles
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk
- pink food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease a cast iron skillet (ours is 9.5 in) and set aside.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cornstarch in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, combine the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla to the sugar-butter mixture and combine fully.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined, then add sprinkles to your desired preference.
- Press the cookie dough into the skillet in an even layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly golden on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool as you prepare the frosting.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the butter, icing sugar and vanilla together for 1 minute until smooth, then add 1 Tablespoon milk and mix for 30 seconds. Adjust texture as needed with additional sugar or milk.
- Add pink food coloring as needed to reach desired shade of pink.
- Scoop the frosting into a piping bag fit with a star tip.
- Make dollops of frosting along the edge of the cookie, making short 2" swirls and pulling the piping bag back firmly. Top with a few sprinkles on each frosting dollop.
Pin for Later: