Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
This easy crockpot buffalo chicken dip recipe is the perfect balance of classic buffalo flavor and cool creamy ranch. With smooth cream cheese, cheddar, and a blue cheese topping, you can’t go wrong with this cheesy chicken crockpot dip. All you need is the crunch of a chip or veggie to make it the perfect party appetizer for holidays or football season.
Buffalo wing lovers will go crazy for this creamy crockpot dip recipe. Like our buffalo chicken mac and cheese and buffalo chicken jalapeno poppers, and buffalo chicken cheese balls, this slow cooker buffalo chicken dip recipe is packed with buffalo chicken wing flavor.
We all love to have a go-to dip in our back pocket, right? That delicious dip that you can throw together when you are having people over unexpectedly, or the addective dip you make every time your favorite sports team plays to make sure they secure the win. Look no further because this crock pot buffalo chicken dip is everything you are looking for!
Need a rich and cheesy dip that can be ready in a hurry? You will love my 3-Ingredient Sausage Cream Cheese Dip— it is ready in 15 minutes flat!
Like my crockpot spinach artichoke dip, this creamy buffalo chicken dip is made in the slow cooker for an easy dump and heat party appetizer. Not only is it a delicious recipe, but it is also very versatile!
Everyone always loves to have chicken wings, but they are messy to eat and can take up a lot of space in your kitchen. This dip is the perfect solution to get rid of the hassle of wings but still have a spicy, comforting chicken option to include on your party table. Trust me. No one is going to miss buffalo wings when they have this to snack on.
Why You Should Make This Crockpot Buffalo Chicken with Cream Cheese
- It’s always a fan favorite! It satisfies the spicy craving that people have without having to spend all the money and/or time on preparing buffalo wings. Plus, who doesn’t love a good dip?
- It’s made with easy-to-find, simple ingredients.
- It’s such an easy recipe, you can throw it together in the crockpot while you focus on some sliders, treats, or other items you’d like to serve.
- The dip is delicious leftover and can be repurposed to put a new spin on it!
Give the buffalo dip recipe a try for your next party and I am sure it will become one of your go-to appetizers!
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Shredded cooked chicken – I like to use crockpot shredded chicken breasts for this recipe but you can use rotisserie chicken, leftover chicken, poached shredded chicken, or any other pre-cooked chicken.
- Cream cheese – For best results use a full fat cream cheese and not the low fat version, as low-fat may make the dip runnier.
- Ranch dressing – I use Hidden Valley Ranch
- Buffalo sauce – I like Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce, but you can use your favorite brand. However, I would be cautious with homemade buffalo sauces, as they can sometimes separate and may cause your dip to be more runny or greasy.
- Shredded cheddar cheese – I find cheddar to be the best choice for buffalo chicken dip, but you can substitute it with another cheese if you would like. Just make sure it is a cheese that melts well so you won’t jeopardize the texture of the creamy dip.
- Crumbled blue cheese – optional topping
- Sliced scallions – Also known as green onions, optional topping
- Your favorite Crockpot or slow cooker
- A knife to cube your cream cheese
- A spoon for serving and stirring
How to Make Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Add chicken, buffalo sauce, cream cheese, ranch, and cheddar cheese to the crockpot and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 ½ to 3 hours.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese when 30 minutes remain.
- Serve warm topped with optional blue cheese crumbles and scallions.
Don’t miss my Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip story!
While serving your buffalo dip, you can keep it in the crockpot on the warm setting. After serving, transfer the dip to an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator. This dip can be stored in the fridge for 3-5 days. To reheat, simply put in the microwave for 30-second increments until it is hot and ready to eat.
Variations and Substitutions
- You can substitute your ranch for blue cheese dressing if you love blue cheese and want a little extra!
- If you don’t have any cooked shredded chicken on hand to cook, you can substitute for canned chicken if that is available in your pantry.
- If you want more spice, you can mix in a bit of hot sauce, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and/or paprika.
What to serve/pair with your cheesy chicken dip crockpot recipe
Serve your buffalo chicken dip with fresh cut vegetables, crackers, tortilla chips, or your favorite dippers.
Some of our favorites are:
- Ritz crackers
- celery sticks
- thick sliced bread
- baby carrots
- sliced bell peppers
A classic pairing with a savory dip is a sandwich. You could make some sliders or even just a classic deli sandwich to go with it.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip in the Crockpot FAQs
Make sure that your cream cheese has softened fully before putting it in your slow cooker. If you don’t, the ingredients may not mix together fully, causing it to be greasy and/or separated.
Yes! You can put your dip in eggroll wrappers to fry up and dip in ranch or make a crescent ring with them.
Instead of adjusting your recipe, I would recommend serving with things to adjust spice as people want. For people who want a milder dip, they can eat with some extra cream cheese. If someone wants a spicier dip, have some buffalo sauce for them to add on top of the dip.
If you notice your dip is runnier than you’d like, you can add extra cheese or chicken.
More Crockpot Favorites
- Coca-Cola Crockpot Meatballs – only 3 ingredients!
- The Best Crockpot Chili
- Crockpot Little Smokies – easy 3-ingredient recipe!
- Crockpot Grape Jelly Meatballs
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 16 ounces cream cheese cut into cubes
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- ¾ cup buffalo sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- crumbled blue cheese optional topping
- sliced scallions optional topping
- Lightly spray the inside of the crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the shredded chicken, cream cheese, ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, and 1 ½ cups of the shredded cheddar cheese to the crockpot and gently stir to incorporate.
- Place the lid on the crockpot and cook on low for 2 ½ to 3 hours.
- 30 minutes before the timer goes off, lift the lid and add the last ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese on top. Return the lid and let cook for the remaining 30 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, top with blue cheese crumbles and scallions, if desired. Serve warm.