A delicious orange quick bread topped with a sweet orange glaze, this glazed mimosa bread is perfect for Mother’s Day, Sunday brunch, or wedding showers.
I love spending time with my family on Mother’s Day — and I love a good Mother’s Day brunch.
There is just something about having the option to enjoy an omelette and toast or a sandwich and some pasta salad.
But the best part is the mimosas!
Mimosas are a class brunch cocktail made with orange juice and champagne.
Related: Raspberry Lemonade Mimosas
Glazed Mimosa Bread
While this quick bread recipe doesn’t call for champagne, it does pack a flavor very reminiscent of the popular cocktail.
This glazed mimosa bread is easy to make, and would be perfect for serving at a Mother’s Day brunch, wedding shower, or any day of the year.
If you enjoy this mimosa sweet loaf recipe, you might also enjoy this strawberry yogurt pound cake— it has Greek yogurt in it as well. It is pretty fantastic if I do say so myself.
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tablespoons orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 350. Prep a 9x5 loaf pan with a coat of non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Using a large mixing bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, sugar, eggs, orange zest and vanilla until combined
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until combined and smooth
- Whisk in the coconut oil until combined.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake until a toothpick comes out of the center clean, about 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before turning over onto a wire rack to allow to cool fully.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, orange juice and orange zest until well combined.
- Pour glaze over the bread. Allow glaze to set for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.