A gingerbread slime recipe for Christmas sensory play! This easy borax-free slime is a perfect kids activity for home or preschool.
I cannot believe it is already December. This year is flying by. Christmas is literally just a few weeks away!
I have some fun holiday slime ideas to share with you, starting with this fun Gingerbread Slime recipe.
This borax-free scented slime will help get the kids in the holiday spirit and excited for Christmas.
It literally smells like Christmas!
Not a fan of gingerbread? Try this Cinnamon scented slime recipe instead.
This holiday slime is not only lots of fun to play with, but making the slime is an excellent learning opportunity as well. Making slime is essentially a science experiment!
Plus, the kids can work on skills such as measuring ingredients and following recipes.
A word of warning when it comes to fragrance oils — it is possible that they could cause allergic reactions.
So, if you are making this holiday slime at home with your children I would recommend testing a drop of the gingerbread fragrance oil on your child’s skin before using it in the slime. This way you can be confident that using it in the slime will not cause any adverse reaction.
If you are making this gingerbread Christmas slime recipe in the classroom, you might consider omitting the fragrance oil all together to be safe.
Even without the gingerbread scent, this slime is still a fun sensory activity for kids.
After enjoying their slime (and wahing their hand), might I suggest give the kids a tasty homemade gingerbread man cookie to enjoy as well?
Shop Gingerbread Slime Supplies:
More Christmas Ideas for Kids
- medium size container
- spoon / spatula (to stir)
- 5 oz clear glue
- ½ cup water
- Brown acrylic paint
- Gingerbread fragrance oil
- Brown glitter
- Gold glitter
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp saline contact lens solution
- Combine glue, water, a few drops of brown paint, and a few drops gingerbread fragrance oil. I suggest starting with 1 drop of the fragrance oil, stirring, and and seeing if that gives you enough scent -- if not add more of the oil 1 drop at a time.
- Add brown and gold glitter. Stir.
- Add baking soda and stir well to combine.
- Add saline solution, and stir to combine The slime will instantly begin to form when the saline solution is introduced and it will be very sticky. Use your hands to knead the slime until it is less sticky.
Pin for Later: