Rich and decadent double chocolate banana muffins are easy to make and perfect for breakfast or snack time, and even sweet enough for dessert!
We all know that banana nut muffins make an amazing breakfast. In fact, they have always been one of my favorite muffins.
But what if you want something downright decadent? Maybe something with chocolate.
Lots of chocolate.
Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
These flavorful double chocolate banana muffins will have you wondering why you chose banana nut for so long.
With a rich chocolate flavor, and sprinkled with sweet chocolate chips, these muffins will be loved by everyone in the family.
Not only are these double chocolate banana muffins a great breakfast on the go, but they make a wonderful snack.
Imagine sitting down with one of these and an iced mocha latte. If you love chocolate, you’ll be in heaven.
These also pair beautifully with chocolate milk, if you’re looking for a kid-friendly option.
Related: The Best Strawberry Muffin Recipe
Another plus is that you can freeze these chocolate chip banana muffins for later.
Make a large batch and then freeze the excess.
Whenever you want a quick breakfast or snack, pop one into the microwave on the defrost setting.
If you enjoy sweet desserts, you will also love these banana blueberry oatmeal breakfast cookies!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F and line two muffin trays with muffin liners.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar for 2 minutes until light and well combined. Add bananas, egg, vanilla, and sour cream. Mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring until combined. Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1/4 cup portions of the batter into the muffin liners. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean and tops bounce back when tapped.