Inside: A red, white, and blue berry trifle made with fresh berries, NILLA Wafers, vanilla pudding, and frozen whipped topping.
This post was sponsored by Nabisco as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
This berry trifle recipe makes a great no-bake summer dessert and is perfect for patriotic holidays such as Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Flag Day.
Turning on the oven in the summer is no fun at all, so I like to avoid it as much as possible. That is why I love no-bake summer desserts like this red, white, and blue trifle.
Trifles are perfect for entertaining and are the kind of dessert that always end up being the talk of the party. They look beautiful displayed on the dessert table and taste amazing too.
Considering how easy they are to make, trifles really are the perfect no-bake summer dessert recipe.
For another terrific red, white, and blue berry dessert try my 4th of July poke cake!
For this patriotic berry trifle you will need:
- 3 (2.4 oz ) boxes vanilla instant pudding mix
- 6 cups cold milk (I used 2%)
- 1 (11 oz) box NILLA Wafers
- 2 (8 oz) containers frozen whipped topping, thawed
- fresh berries, rinsed and dried (I used 1 tub each of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries.)
How to Make a Berry Trifle
Assembling your berry trifle is not only easy, but it is fun as well! Trifles are the type of dessert where you can let your creativity shine.
First, whisk together the pudding mix and milk.
Allow the pudding to set a few minutes while you slice up your strawberries.
I sliced most of my strawberries thinly so that they would look nice pressed up against the glass in the trifle dish. I cut a few of the smaller berries in half to use to decorate the top of the trifle.
Okay, now starts the fun part! It is time to start assembling the layers of your berry trifle.
First, cover the bottom of the trifle dish with NILLA Wafers.
Then, add a layer of pudding.
Next, add a layer of berries. I pressed a few strawberries down into the pudding so that they would press up against the glass all the way around the dish.
Now add a layer of whipped topping and then some more berries.
Follow with another layer of tasty NILLA Wafers.
Continue adding layers of fruit, pudding, and whipped topping, being sure to end with a layer of whipped topping on top.
Use your fresh berries and a few additional NILLA Wafers to decorate the top of your trifle.
You can be as fancy or as simple as you would like here — it is really up to you. Have fun with it!
Patriotic Berry Trifle
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 3 (3.4 ounce) boxes vanilla instant pudding mix
- 6 cups cold milk, I used 2%
- 11 ounces NILLA Wafers, (1 box)
- 16 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- fresh berries, rinsed and dried
- In a large bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk together for 2 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 5 minutes to allow to set.
- Layer NILLA Wafers, pudding, berries, and whipped topping.
- Repeat layers, ending with a layer of whipped topping.
- Garnish top of trifle with fresh berries and NILLA Wafers.
- Chill in refrigerator until serving.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
This 4th of July trifle was shared on The Weekend Potluck.