Sweet & Spicy Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken Bites – sweet, sticky honey paired with garlic and spicy red pepper flakes come together in a harmonious sauce perfect for coating your crispy chicken breast bites. A quick and easy one-pot meal that will have your family asking for seconds!
These easy sticky chicken bites are bursting with flavor. The powerful punch of the spicy red chili and garlic is balanced by a sweet and calming note of honey.
Like honey sesame chicken, this quick and easy chicken recipe will be a family favorite because of its addicting flavor.
This easy chicken dish is a delicious option when you want to switch it up from your normal boring dinners. You will love how well these flavors go together.
Serve with some steamed or sauteed vegetables and rice for the perfect weeknight meal!
For more easy one-pot chicken breast recipes try this tasty creamy garlic chicken or this delicious smothered chicken recipe.
Why You’ll Love These Spicy Sweet Garlic Chicken Bites
- It’s easy AND delicious! So many of these quick-and-easy style meals end up skimping on the flavor, but not this garlic sticky chicken recipe. This dish is not only easy to put together; it’s something you will actually look forward to eating.
- Not much cleanup! This dish really only requires your skillet and a mixing bowl. You don’t have to worry about having a sink full of dishes just for your meat.
- It’s a different flavor, made with regular pantry ingredients! It’s easy to get in a rut with your meals and feel like you are always cooking the same things. This chicken is a nice break away from those household staples, but it uses so many of the same ingredients we always have in our kitchen, so there’s no searching the store trying to find an ingredient you’ve never heard of.
Equipment For Your Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken Breast
- Large skillet
- Bowl for mixing/seasoning
- Meat thermometer
Ingredients You’ll Need To Make This Spicy Sweet Garlic Chicken Bites Recipe
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- boneless skinless chicken breasts – cut into bite sized pieces
- red pepper flakes – also called crushed red pepper
- olive oil – you could also use vegetable oil or avocado oil
- soy sauce – I like to use a low-sodium soy sauce
- butter – I used unsalted butter. If you use salted butter you might want to skip adding any additional.
- cornstarch – for coating the raw chicken pieces before cooking
- lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- fresh parsley – optional garnish
Substitutions and Variations
- Panko: If you prefer chicken with more breading, you can coat the chicken pieces in panko and sear prior to adding your ingredients to the skillet.
- Garnish: Instead of parsley, top your sticky chicken bites with sesame seeds and/or green onions.
- Stir-fry: If you want your meal to be served stir-fry style, add your rice and veggies to the skillet with your chicken!
How to Make Spicy Sweet Garlic Chicken Bites
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Step 1: Place the chicken in a mixing bowl. Season lightly with salt and pepper and toss the chicken in the cornstarch to coat. Set aside.
Step 2: Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, shaking off any excess cornstarch. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is seared a golden brown and cooked through to an internal temperature of 165°F.
Step 3: Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce slightly thickens.
Step 4: Remove the skillet from heat and garnish chicken with fresh parsley. Serve over rice immediately, enjoy!
Storing & Reheating Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken Breast
You can store your leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3 days.
When reheating, be sure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
What To Serve/Pair With Your Sticky Garlic Chicken Bites Recipe
These garlic chicken bites would be great with brown rice, white rice, fried rice, and/or noodles. I always love to have steamed vegetables with a meal like this, such as broccoli, carrots, and zucchini.
If you enjoy a fresh salad, I’d recommend topping with wonton strips, almonds, cranberries, and a sweet sesame dressing.
Sweet and Spicy Chicken Bites FAQs
Yes! I would either add extra chili pepper flakes or add sriracha to your skillet sauce. It will add spice without changing the flavor a whole lot.
If your chicken is dry, it may be overcooked or have been cooked too quickly. Make sure your skillet is on medium-high heat and monitor your temperature to prevent it from getting too hot.
Don’t worry! Just mix one tablespoon of cornstarch with one tablespoon of water, and add to your sauce, stirring regularly. It should start to thicken up after a couple of minutes.
Yes, feel free to swap the cornstarch for flour or use a combination of the two if you prefer a thicker coating on your chicken.
Be sure to come back and let me know how your Sweet & Spicy Chicken Bites turned out!
More easy weeknight dinners
- 3-Ingredient Chili
- Ritz Chicken Casserole
- One-Pot Taco Spaghetti
- Tater Tot Casserole
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken
Spicy Sweet Garlic Chicken Bites
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped parsley, optional garnish
- Place the chicken in a mixing bowl. Season lightly with salt and pepper and toss the chicken in the cornstarch to coat. Set aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, shaking off any excess cornstarch. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is seared a golden brown and cooked through to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Remove the skillet from heat and garnish chicken with fresh parsley. Serve immediately, over rice if desired, and enjoy!
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Excellent and rather simple. Top of my list for cooking chicken!