Snickers Salad is a classic caramel apple dessert salad recipe made with Snickers candy bars, crunchy apples, pudding, and Cool Whip. It makes a quick and easy dessert for parties and potlucks.
Apple Snickers Salad Recipe
Don’t let the title fool you — Snickers apple salad is not a typical salad recipe. It should not be served before dinner. It is a dessert salad, similar to a watergate salad, Jello salad, or ambrosia salad.
Sweet and creamy Snickers salad is a classic dessert recipe that goes way back. It is no wonder this retro dessert recipe has made it through the test of time — it is quick and easy to make and absolutely delicious. It is truly the perfect mix of crispy, crunchy, and creamy.
Great Anytime of the Year
While this easy no-bake apple recipe is great for Fall and apple-picking season, I also love serving it as a cool treat for summer parties. Like apple nachos, it is a great dessert to make any time of the year.
Easy Potluck Dessert
Old fashioned caramel apple salad is also ideal for potlucks and parties because it can be made ahead of time and is easily transported. It doesn’t hurt that it is super simple to make and everyone always raves about it as well. Just be prepared for everyone to ask you for the recipe!
How to Make Apple Snickers Salad
Start by gathering your ingredients. For this easy dessert recipe you will need:
- apples, cut into bite-sized pieces (this tool helps!)
- Snickers bars, cut into bite-sized pieces
- vanilla pudding mix
- Cool Whip
- caramel sauce, for drizzling over the top (if desired)
While snickers apple salad is classicly made with Granny Smith apples, I like to use a mix of green and red apples for color. I typically grab half Granny Smith apples and half Red Delicious apples. Choosing crisp, tart apples like Granny Smith helps to offset the sweetness of the other ingredients.
Making Snickers Salad is easy as 1-2-3:
- Whisk pudding mix and milk together in a large bowl.
- Fold whipped topping, apples, and Snickers into pudding mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, then drizzle with caramel sauce just before serving if desired.
Don’t Miss These Other Fruit-Packed No-Bake Desserts:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 4 apples, cored and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 4 (1.86 oz) Snickers bars, chopped into bite-size pieces
- caramel sauce, for drizzle (if desired)
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix together for 2 minutes.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Fold in apples and Snickers.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Drizzle with caramel sauce just before serving, if desired.
While snickers apple salad is classicly made with Granny Smith apples, I like to use a mix of green and red apples for color. I typically grab half Granny Smith apples and half Red Delicious apples. Choosing crisp, tart apples like Granny Smith helps to offset the sweetness of the pudding.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 283 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0.1g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 5.9mg Sodium: 260mg Carbohydrates: 36g Fiber: 0.7g Sugar: 31g Protein: 3.4g
Pin for Later