Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
Snickers apple salad is a classic caramel apple dessert salad recipe made with crunchy apples, chewy chunks of Snickers, creamy pudding, and Cool Whip. The easy recipe makes a sweet side dish or delicious dessert for family gatherings and potlucks.
Don’t let the title fool you– this snicker apple salad recipe is not your typical green salad or fruit salad. It is a sweet salad, similar to a watergate salad, Jello salad, or strawberry pretzel salad.
In fact, the sweet and creamy candy bar salad is a classic dessert salad recipe that goes way back. It is no wonder this retro dessert recipe has made it through the test of time — it is quick and easy to make and absolutely delicious. It is truly the perfect mix of crispy, crunchy, and creamy.
Why you will love this apple snickers salad recipe
- It’s easy to make with simple ingredients. All you need are 5 ingredients and 10 minutes of your time.
- It’s great any time of the year. While this easy no-bake apple recipe is great for Fall and apple season, I also love serving it as a cool treat for summer parties and BBQs. Like apple nachos, it is a great dessert to make any time of the year.
- It’s perfect for potlucks and parties. Like strawberry fluff dessert salad, this old-fashioned candy bar apple salad recipe can be made ahead of time and is easily transported. Try serving it up at your next potluck! Just be prepared for everyone to ask you for the delicious recipe!
- It tastes incredible. The sweet candy bar chunks perfectly complement the tart apples for a sweet treat that tastes similar to a delicious caramel apple.
You will find the full recipe with instructions and measurements and all that good stuff at the bottom of this page in the printable recipe card. But first, take a minute to read through the ingredient notes, step-by-step instructions with photos, and recipe tips below.
Start by gathering your ingredients. For this easy dessert recipe you will need:
- apples, cut into bite-sized pieces (this tool helps!)
- Snickers bars, cut into bite-sized pieces
- instant vanilla pudding mix – butterscotch pudding mix is a good choice, too!
- Cool Whip
- caramel sauce, for drizzling over the top (if desired)
While snickers apple salad is classicly made with Granny Smith apples, I like to use a mix of green and red apples for color. I typically grab half Granny Smith apples and half Red Delicious apples. Choosing crisp, tart apples like Granny Smith helps to offset the sweetness of the other ingredients.
How to Make Apple Snickers Salad
Making Snickers Salad is easy as 1-2-3:
- Whisk pudding mix and milk together in a large bowl.
- Fold whipped topping, apples, and Snickers into the pudding mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, then drizzle with caramel sauce just before serving if desired.
Store in an airtight container or in a bowl covered tightly with plastic wrap for up to 2-3 days. Give the salad a good stir before enjoying.
You do not need to peel the apples when making this dessert. However, if you prefer our apples peeled you can certainly do so.
The best apples for Snicker salad are crisp and slightly tart varieties such as granny smith, red delicious, and cortland. Although you can use sweet apples if you prefer a sweeter salad.
Yes, you can make snickers salad the night before. Just make sure to mix it well to ensure all the apples are covered so that they do not brown.
Yes, homemade whipped cream can be used in place of the whipped topping. However, since whipped cream isn’t stabilized it will not keep as well as Cool Whip will so I recommend serving the same day.
More fruit-packed no-bake desserts
Apple Snickers Salad
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (3.4 oz) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip thawed
- 4 apples cored and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 4 (1.86 oz) Snickers bars chopped into bite-size pieces
- caramel sauce for topping (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix together for 2 minutes.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Fold in apples and Snickers.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to serve. Drizzle with caramel sauce just before serving, if desired.