An easy reindeer Christmas ornament with popsicle sticks for the kids to make this Christmas. Give the reindeer a red nose to make it a Rudolph ornament.
Much like our rustic wood slice Reindeer ornament and clothespin reindeer ornament, this Rudolph the red nose reindeer ornament is fun to make and perfect for those looking for homemade Christmas ornaments for Kids.
Reindeer Christmas Ornament with Popsicle Sticks
The simplicity of this Rudolph ornament DIY makes it great for kids or for adults to make in bulk for craft fairs.
While elementary-aged children can likely make these DIY Rudolph ornaments themselves, preschoolers will probably need assistance from an adult.
You can use a low-temp hot glue gun to make this reindeer ornament craft with popsicle sticks. Or if you want to make the Rudolph ornament DIY more kid-friendly, you can use craft glue–it will just take longer to dry.
However you make it, this DIY reindeer ornament will look great on your Christmas tree!
How to Make a Rudolph Ornament
Start by gathering your supplies.
For this holiday craft, you will need: a green pipe cleaner, popsicle sticks, red pom pom, googly eyes, twine or ribbon, and glue (or a hot glue gun).
Get the easy tutorial with step-by-step images below.
Don’t Miss These Easy DIY Christmas Ornaments:
- Snowman wine cork ornament — Our most popular DIY ornament!
- Mason jar lid wreath ornament
- Cinnamon stick Christmas tree ornaments – Great cinnamon scent!
- Snowman ball ornament
Reindeer Popsicle Stick Christmas Ornament
- craft glue or low temp hot glue gun
- 3 popsicle sticks
- 2 googly eyes
- 1 red pom pom
- 1 green pipe cleaner
- twine or ribbon for hanging
- Glue 3 popsicle sticks together to form a triangle with a bit of overhang on the top piece (see photo for reference).
- Use glue to add 2 googly eyes and a pom pom nose.
- Bend pipe cleaner in half, then bend each side back and forth to give the antlers a zig-zag shape. Glue onto the back of the ornament.
- Add ribbon or twine for hanging. Allow to fully dry before hanging on your tree.
- We made our reindeer ornament Rudolph by giving him a red nose, but feel free to use brown or another color pom pom to make your ornament one of Santa's other reindeer.
- Brown pipe cleaners would work for the antlers as well.
Leave a Reply