Pink hot chocolate is a fun twist on traditional hot cocoa, perfect for Valentine’s Day or to warm up on any chilly winter night.
Made with white chocolate, milk, cream cheese, and strawberry puree (or strawberry syrup), this is one incredibly rich, creamy, and flavorful cup of cocoa.
This pretty pink hot chocolate is so delicious and indulging, you are going to want to drink a cup of the rich and creamy cocoa every night.
The beautiful pink hot cocoa is perfectly sweet, with a light strawberry flavor. The cream cheese gives it a rich and velvety texture with just a hint of tartness to offset the sweetness.
Kind of like a beautiful pink cheesecake in a cup.
Take a sip and I am sure you will agree that this pink velvet hot chocolate recipe is just plain heavenly.
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
Start by gathering your ingredients. For this pink hot chocolate recipe you will need:
- milk– I reccomend whole milk or 2% milk for this recipe
- vanilla extract– adds a light vanilla flavor
- white chocolate– use a high-quality brand of white chocolate for the best tasting hot chocolate. I recommend Guittard or Ghirardelli.
- cream cheese– adds creaminess and a hint of tartness
- strawberry syrup or strawberry puree – gives the white chocoalte hot cocoa a pink color
- pink food coloring – optional, for added color
- whipped cream & sanding sugar – for topping
How to Make Pink Hot Chocolate
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
To start, heat the milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until hot (not boiling!)
Turn the heat down to low and add the cream cheese and vanilla extract. Whisk until melted. Then, whisk in the white chocolate until melted and smooth.
Remove from heat and stir in the strawberry puree (or strawberry syrup). Adjust the color as desired with the food coloring.
Once you have reached your desired shade of pink, ladle the hot chocolate into your serving glasses and top with a generous amount of whipped cream and a sprinkle of pink sanding sugar.
That is it!
Enjoy your beautiful pink velvet hot chocolate!
To make your own strawberry puree blend ½ cup of chopped strawberries for about 2 minutes, or until fully pureed. If you want to be fancy you can strain your puree through a hand strainer to remove the seeds before adding it to the pot (this step is entirely optional).
Sure, if you aren’t a fan of cream cheese you can leave it out.
More pretty pink recipe ideas
Pink Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature, cut into 16 pieces
- 1-2 Tablespoons strawberry puree*
- pink food coloring optional
- whipped cream for topping
- pink sanding sugar optional topping
- In a medium saucepan, warm up the milk over medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until hot (not boiling!)
- Turn the heat down to low and add the cream cheese and vanilla extract. Whisk until melted.
- Whisk in the white chocolate until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in the strawberry puree (or strawberry syrup). Adjust the color as desired with the food coloring.
- Serve immediately topped with whipped cream and pink sugar.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.