A rich, sweet, and creamy cup of pink velvet hot chocolate makes the perfect treat for a chilly winter night. This tasty pink hot chocolate would also be just perfect to serve on Valentine’s Day!
Happy New Year’s! I hope that everyone had a fun and safe New Years Eve! Hubby and I stayed in and kept it low key. It was actually the first New Year’s Eve that I can recall that I feel asleep before the ball dropped! I know, I am getting pretty lame. What can I say? I was tired!
Anyways, now that we are out of the Christmas season, we are moving on to get ready for the next major holiday – Valentine’s Day!
Boy do I have the perfect Valentine’s Day treat for you today! A fun twist on traditional hot chocolate, this pretty pink velvet hot chocolate is so delicious and indulging, you are going to want to drink a cup of it every night.
How to Make Pink Velvet Hot Chocolate
Start by gathering your ingredients. For this pink hot chocolate recipe you will need:
- vanilla extract
- white chocolate chips
- cream cheese
- strawberry syrup or strawberry puree
- Whipped cream and sanding sugar for garnish, if desired
Additionally, you can use a bit of pink food coloring like we did to give your hot cocoa some extra pink coloring. Of course, the pink food coloring is entirely optional.
Let’s get cookin’
To start, warm up the milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat for 2 minutes.
Whisk in the vanilla and cream cheese until melted. Then, whisk in the white chocolate until melted and smooth.
Add the strawberry syrup or puree last, and adjust the color as desired with the food coloring.
Finally, ladle the hot chocolate into your serving glasses and add a garnish of whipped cream and pink sanding sugar.
That is it. Enjoy your beautiful pink velvet hot chocolate.
More pink recipe ideas:
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz white chocolate chips
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature, cut into 16 pieces
- 1-2 tbsp strawberry syrup (or 2 tbsp strawberry puree)
- pink food coloring, optional
- whipped cream, for garnish
- pink sanding sugar, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, warm up the milk over medium heat for 2 minutes as you assemble the ingredients.
- Whisk in the vanilla and cream cheese until melted.
- Whisk in the white chocolate until melted and smooth.
- Add the strawberry syrup or puree last, and adjust the color as desired with the food dye.
- Ladle into your serving glasses and add a garnish of whipped cream and pink sugar.