This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of HERSHEY® for SheSpeaks. All opinions are 100% mine.
Inside: A delicious and easy to make Halloween trifle made with HERSHEY® Halloween candy, chocolate brownies, pudding, and whipped topping.
Have you been to Walmart yet this Halloween season? Their Halloween department is massive and packed with a large selection of everything from Halloween candy to costumes and decorations.
On my last Walmart trip I stocked up on all our favorite HERSHEY® Halloween candy along with some fun, new Halloween decorations.
I stocked up on REESE’S Peanut Butter Cups, KIT KAT® Bars, and HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate for Halloween AND I had plenty of HERSHEY® candy to make this delicious Halloween candy trifle.
When it comes to Halloween candy desserts, this rich brownie trifle is a family favorite and always a hit at Halloween parties. Everyone in our family looks forward to me making this festive HERSHEY® candy trifle each year when Halloween rolls around. And it is so easy to make!
Halloween Trifle Ingredients
You will need…
- brownie mix – a box of fudge brownie mix plus the ingredients called for on the package, likely eggs, water, and vegetable oil.
- instant vanilla pudding mix
- milk – use whole milk for best results
- whipped topping – left in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours to thaw
- orange food coloring – if you don’t have orange you can use red and yellow food coloring in a 1:1 ratio
- your favorite HERSHEY® Halloween candy – we used Snack Size REESE’S Peanut Butter Cups, KIT KAT® Bars, and HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate
Stock up on your favorite Halloween candy from HERSHEY® and everything else you need for the season with a quick trip to Walmart or online at Walmart.com!
How to Make a Halloween Candy Trifle
- Make brownies – Follow instructions on the brownie box to make brownies in a 9 x 13 pan. Allow to cool then cut into bite sized pieces.
- Prepare pudding – Beat pudding mix with milk until thickened. Stir in food coloring. Fold in whipped cream.
- Assemble trifle – Layer brownies, pudding, and whipped topping. Repeat. Top with your favorite HERSHEY® Halloween candy.
- Chill – Place trifle in refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Recipe Tips & Substitutions
- Prefer homemade? Try using your favorite homemade brownie recipe in place of a boxed mix.
- Prep ahead! Save time by making the trifle a day ahead of time and keeping it in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Lucky enough to have leftovers? Spoon them into a bowl and store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Short on time? Take advantage of Walmart Grocery Pickup and get your ingredient shopping done without even having to step foot in the store!
Enjoy! I just know that you and your family enjoy this Halloween candy trifle as much as our family does!
And don’t forget to stock up on all your favorite HERSHEY® candy at Walmart so you and your family can enjoy them all season long!
For more delicious trifle recipes, try my strawberry shortcake trifles and patriotic berry trifle.
More Halloween Dessert Ideas
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 1 box fudge brownie mix + ingredients called for on the package
- 1 3.4 oz package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 ½ cup milk
- 2 8 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed
- orange food coloring, or red & yellow in 1:1 ratio
- your favorite HERSHEY® Halloween candy
- Prepare brownies in a 9 x 13 baking pan according to the directions on the package. Cool to room temperature. Cut into 1-inch squares and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat or whisk pudding mix and milk until thickened. Add a good amount of food coloring to reach your desired shade of orange. Keep in mind that the color will lighten once the Cool Whip is folded in.
- Fold in 1 package of whipped topping.
- In a trifle dish or large glass bowl, add ½ of the brownies, follow with ½ of the pudding mixture, then ½ of the whipped topping. Repeat layers. Top with your favorite HERSHEY® Halloween candy.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Pin for Later:
Leave a Reply