Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
Banana pudding cupcakes are easy to make with a box of cake mix, banana pudding mix, premade vanilla frosting, and vanilla wafers. The moist, vanilla cupcakes are pure perfection: filled with banana pudding and topped with creamy, vanilla frosting and a vanilla wafer.
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
Start by gathering your ingredients:
- vanilla cake mix – plus water, oil, and eggs as called for on the box
- instant banana pudding mix
- sweetened condensed milk
- fresh banana
- vanilla frosting
- vanilla wafers
How to Make Banana Pudding Cupcakes
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners. Place 1 Nilla wafer flat-side down in the bottom of each cupcake liner. Then, prepare cupcakes according to package instructions. Set the cupcakes aside to cool fully.
Step 2: Next, combine banana pudding mix, milk, and sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl. Whisk until thickened, about 5 minutes. Fold in chopped bananas.
Step 3: Using a paring knife, cut small holes out of the top of the cooled cupcakes. Fill holes with the banana pudding mixture.
Step 3: Top the cupcakes with vanilla frosting. You can spread it on with a knife or use a piping bag and star tip if you want to be fancy.
Step 4: Garnish each cupcake with a Nilla wafer and some Nilla wafer crumbs and enjoy!
I hope that you enjoy this easy banana pudding cupcakes recipe as much as we do!
Store leftover cupcakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
If making ahead, wait to add the Nilla wafers until just before serving. That way they don’t get soggy.
Don’t miss our other favorite cupcakes recipes
Banana Pudding Cupcakes
- 28 vanilla wafers divided use
- 15.25 ounce vanilla cake mix + ingredeints called for on the box
- 3.4 ounce banana instant pudding mix
- 1 ½ cups cold milk
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 banana peeled and chopped
- 16 ounces vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 350℉ and line 2 cupcakes tins with cupcake liners.
- Place 1 vanilla wafer flat-side down in the bottom of each cupcake liner. Set aside.
- Prepare cupcakes according to package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- While the cupcaks are cooling, place 4 vanilla wafers in a freezer baggie and crush with your hands or a rolling pin. Set the crumbs aside for later.
- Combine banana pudding mix, milk, and sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl. Whisk until thickened, about 5 minutes. Fold in chopped bananas.
- Using a paring knife, cut small holes out of the top of cooled cupcakes. Spoon banana pudding mixture into the holes.
- Frost cupcakes and top each with a vanilla wafer and sprinkle of cookie crumbs.