Clam shell cookies, made with vanilla wafers, icing, and candy pearls, are an easy to make no-bake treat perfect for your under the sea or mermaid party.
Whether you are looking for fun mermaid party ideas or just a fun treat to make for the kids this summer, these clam shell cookies are sure to be a hit.
The combination of the delicious NILLA wafers and the rich, sweet, marshmallow icing is perfection.
Love NILLA Wafer recipes? Try this no-bake berry trifle made with NILLA Wafers.
Since all the ingredients of these under the sea cookies are store-bought, putting them together is quick and easy, as you will see in the step-by-step photos below.
Clam Shell Cookie Ingredients
- 48 NILLA Wafers
- 1 tub vanilla marshmallow frosting
- 24 white Sixlets candy
- Food Coloring in choice of colors (we used purple, teal, pink, & yellow)
How to Make Clam Shell Cookies
Spoon frosting equally into 4 bowls. Add 1-2 drops of food coloring to each bowl and stir to mix well.
Spread a spoonful of frosting onto each NILLA Wafer. Or, if you want to give your clam shell cookies a fancier look, pipe the frosting onto each cookie using a decorative tip.
Then, place a white Sixlet candy onto the frosting of each cookie. You will want to place the candy a little off-center (see image for placement).
Place another NILLA Wafer on top to finish off your clam cookies.
Serve and enjoy!
I hope you and the little ones enjoy this sweet summer treat!
Shop Clam Shell Cookie Supplies
Celebrations Candy Sixlets Shimmer WhiteWilton Gel Food Color Set, NeonWilton Gel Food Color Set, Primary
Clam Shell Cookies
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- Food Coloring in choice of colors, we used purple, teal, pink, & yellow
- 48 NILLA Wafers
- 1 tub Vanilla Marshmallow Frosting
- 48 White Sixlets Candy
- Spoon frosting equally into 4 bowls. Add 1-2 drops of food coloring to each bowl and stir to mix well.
- Spread a spoonful of frosting onto each NILLA Wafer. (Or, pipe the frosting onto each cookie for a fancier look).
- Place a Sixlet in the frosting of each cookie (see image for placement) and another NILLA Wafer on top.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Pin for Later
How long before party can you make these cookies and how to store them
Jaclyn Shimmel says
You could make them the night before and store in the refrigerator overnight.