Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
Clam shell cookies, made with vanilla wafers, icing, and candy pearls, are an easy to make no-bake treat perfect for your under the sea or mermaid party.
Whether you are looking for fun mermaid party ideas or just a fun treat to make for the kids this summer, these clam shell cookies are sure to be a hit.
The combination of the delicious NILLA wafers and the rich, sweet, marshmallow icing is perfection.
Love NILLA Wafer recipes? Try this no-bake berry trifle made with NILLA Wafers.
Since all the ingredients of these under the sea cookies are store-bought, putting them together is quick and easy, as you will see in the step-by-step photos below.
Clam Shell Cookie Ingredients
- 48 NILLA Wafers
- 1 tub vanilla marshmallow frosting
- 24 white Sixlets candy
- Food Coloring in choice of colors (we used purple, teal, pink, & yellow)
How to Make Clam Shell Cookies
Spoon frosting equally into 4 bowls. Add 1-2 drops of food coloring to each bowl and stir to mix well.
Spread a spoonful of frosting onto each NILLA Wafer. Or, if you want to give your clam shell cookies a fancier look, pipe the frosting onto each cookie using a decorative tip.
Then, place a white Sixlet candy onto the frosting of each cookie. You will want to place the candy a little off-center (see image for placement).
Place another NILLA Wafer on top to finish off your clam cookies.
Serve and enjoy!
I hope you and the little ones enjoy this sweet summer treat!
Shop Clam Shell Cookie Supplies
Clam Shell Cookies
- Food Coloring in choice of colors we used purple, teal, pink, & yellow
- 48 NILLA Wafers
- 1 tub Vanilla Marshmallow Frosting
- 48 White Sixlets Candy
- Spoon frosting equally into 4 bowls. Add 1-2 drops of food coloring to each bowl and stir to mix well.
- Spread a spoonful of frosting onto each NILLA Wafer. (Or, pipe the frosting onto each cookie for a fancier look).
- Place a Sixlet in the frosting of each cookie (see image for placement) and another NILLA Wafer on top.
Pin for Later