Cherry almond granola bars make a quick, easy, and healthy snack or breakfast on busy mornings. Plus, they couldn’t be any easier to make with just 6 simple ingredients!
No-Bake Granola Bars
Whether you are looking for a quick and tasty breakfast to grab and go on busy mornings or an easy and nutritious after-school snack for the kids, you will love this easy homemade granola bar recipe.
Kids and adults alike will enjoy these sweet, chewy no-bake bars.
Wholesome ingredients, filling bars, what’s not to love?
Oh, and you won’t find any added sugar in this recipe–we use dates and a touch of maple syrup to sweeten up the bars naturally.
Recipe Tips & Substitutions
- Soak the dates before blending to help them blend better and create a smoother texture.
- You can use agave or honey instead of maple syrup if you prefer.
- Looking for something sweeter? Add in some chocolate chips or drizzle with dark chocolate.
- Don’t care for cherries? Try swapping for raisins, dried cranberries, or other dried fruit.
- Make these gluten-free by using gluten-free oats.
- Craving a salty/sweet snack? Add a pinch of salt.
- The recipe can be doubled in an 8 x 8 baking dish.
For another no-bake snack option, try these easy trail mix energy balls.
- Soak the dates in warm water for 15-20 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- In a food processor, grind almonds until crumbly. Do not grind into a full flour.
- Add in the dates, syrup, vanilla, and blend. You may need to scrape down the sides to make sure the dates are fully broken down.
- When the mixture looks like a giant sticky ball, go ahead and spoon it into a large bowl.
- Add the oats and cherries to the bowl. Mix well until everything is combined.
- Transfer to an 8 x 4 inch baking dish lined parchment paper. Press the mixture down firmly into the baking dish in an even layer. (I like to cover with another piece of parchment paper and press down with my hands.)
- Cover and place in the freezer until firm, about 20-30 minutes. Lift the parchment paper to remove and then cut into 5 bars (or 10 squares) and enjoy.
Store the bars in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to enjoy (up to 3 days) or wrap the bars individually and freeze for later.
You can easily double the recipe in an 8 x 8 baking dish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 346
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.