Bunny butt pancakes are a fun and easy breakfast to make the kids on Easter morning. Pancakes are decorated with strawberries, blueberries, and whipped cream to look like a bunny’s fluffy behind. They are certain to get lots of giggles and have everyone smiling!
After the kids find their Easter baskets on Easter morning why not whip up the cutest breakfast to celebrate the special occasion?
Easter bunny pancakes take no longer than regular pancakes to make but are 100% more fun.
Not a fan of serving up tushies for breakfast? Try these bunny face pancakes instead.
You can even give your children the pancakes, whipped cream, and a small bowl of fresh fruit and let them unleash their creativity to decorate the pancakes themselves. They will love becoming a little pancake artist!
Either way, let’s get to this easy Easter bunny butt pancake recipe.
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- Pancake Batter — You will need about a cup of batter. Use your favorite recipe for homemade pancakes (we love this classic buttermilk pancake recipe) or grab a box of complete pancake mix for a shortcut.
- Whipped Cream
How to make Fluffy Bunny Butt Pancakes
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Step 1: In a pan or griddle, cook 3 pancakes: one larger circle and two small circles or oval shapes.
Step 2: Transfer the large pancake to a flat plate- this is the bunny’s body. Add the small pancakes to the bottom of the large pancake to create the bunny’s feet.
Step 3: Place a large sliced strawberry on each of the smaller pancakes to make the pads of the feet. Add 3 blueberries underneath each as toes.
Step 4: Add a dollop of whipped cream to the center of the large pancake.
Serve the finished pancakes with maple syrup, if desired.
Store leftover pancakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
For longer storage, pancakes can be frozen for up to two months.
Once decorated, these Easter pancakes are best enjoyed immediately.
Additions and variations
- Swap the blueberries for chocolate chips or mini marshmallows for a sweet treat.
- Use banana slices instead of strawberry slices on the bunny’s feet.
- Add another smaller pancake on top to make a bunny head. You can even use halved bananas or bacon to create bunny ears!
Expert tips & tricks
Heat up your pan. When making pancakes it is best to heat the pan over medium heat for a minute or two before adding your pancake batter.
Use two of the same size strawberry slices. To make the pads of the bunny’s feet match try to use two of the same size strawberry slices. I find this is easiest if you slice up two of the same size strawberries.
Serve on a flat plate. For the best presentation serve your Easter bunny pancakes on a flat plate.
I hope that you enjoy this fun Easter breakfast and that you and your family have a very happy Easter!
More Fun Easter Recipes
- Easter Bunny Bark
- Bunny Bait – make a batch with the kids to leave out for the Easter bunny!
- Kid-Friendly Easter Punch
- Rice Krispie Nests
- Birds Nest Cookies
Bunny Butt Pancakes
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 1 cup pancake batter
- 2 strawberry slices
- 6 blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon whipped cream
- In a large bowl, use your favorite pancake recipe or a boxed mix to prepare about 1 cup of pancake batter.
- On a hot griddle or in a pan over medium heat, cook one large round pancake and two smaller oval shaped pancakes.
- Place the large pancake on a flat plate. Add the smaller pancakes at the bottom for the feet.
- Slice a strawberry and place a slice in the center of each smaller pancake to create a foot pad.
- Place 3 blueberries below each strawberry foot pad for the bunnies toes.
- Make a whipped cream bunny tail in the center of the bunny butt.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Need the recipe for making pickles. Forgot to see how many jars it makes. Thanks
Jaclyn Shimmel says
Here is my quick pickle recipe.