This letter A craft with printable template is part of our new letter of the week craft series for toddlers and preschoolers. Letter A is for anchor. Each week a new printable letter craft will be posted.
This week we start with the letter A, and this week’s craft is an anchor.
This craft requires cutting. Depending on the child’s age, you may want to do the tracing and/or the cutting for them. That way you can provide the child with the foam pieces to work with, and the child can simply glue them together. Meanwhile, you may want to allow older children, such as pre-k or kindergarteners, to work on their fine motor skills and try to cut the pieces out on their own. Although they may still need some help tracing the template onto the foam pieces.
Letter A is for Anchor
Supplies & Materials for Letter A Craft
- Letter A template, printed on paper or cardstock (get yours here: Letter A Printable Template)
- Anchor template, printed on paper or cardstock (get yours here: Anchor Printable Template)
- Craft foam or colored cardstock (we used craft foam but either one will work)
- Black marker
Letter A is for Anchor Craft
1. Cut letter A out of the template
2. Trace Letter A onto craft foam.
3. Cut the letter out.
4. Cut anchor out from template and trace onto dark blue craft foam.
5. Cut the anchor out.
6. Glue anchor onto the letter A.
7. Add detail to the anchor with black marker.
I hope you enjoyed this letter A craft. Lookout for a fun letter B craft which will be posted next week.
Until next time, happy crafting!