This letter C craft with printable template is part of our letter of the week craft series, designed to foster letter recognition in preschoolers.
Last week we made a letter B is for Bus craft. This week we move on to the letter C, and this week’s craft is a caterpillar.
View entire Letter of the Week series here!
This craft requires cutting. Depending on the child’s age, you may want to do the tracing and/or the cutting for them. That way you can provide the child with the foam pieces to work with, and the child can simply glue them together. Meanwhile, you may want to allow older children, such as pre-k or kindergarteners, to work on their fine motor skills and try to cut the pieces out on their own, although they may still need some help tracing the template onto the foam pieces.
Letter C is for Caterpillar
Supplies & Materials for Letter C Craft
- Letter C template, printed on paper or cardstock (get yours here: Letter C Printable Template)
- Caterpillar template, printed on paper or cardstock (get yours here: Caterpillar Printable Template)
- Craft foam or colored cardstock (we used craft foam but either one will work)
- Black marker
- Googly eyes
Colorful Assortment Card StockWhite Card StockFoam-Sheets, Bright ColorsFiskars 5 Inch Softgrip Blunt-tip Kids ScissorsElmer’s Washable No-Run School GlueSharpie Permanent MarkerGoogly Eyes
Letter C is for Caterpillar Craft
1. Cut letter C out of the template.
2. Trace Letter C onto craft foam.
3. Cut the letter C out.
4. Cut caterpillar pieces out from template.
5. Trace the caterpillar template onto various colors of craft foam. Cut one head and seven colored circles. Trace the tree branch template onto brown craft foam and the leaves onto green craft foam. Cut out.
6. Cut two circles from pink craft foam and glue onto the caterpillar’s face. Glue on googly eyes.
7. Glue the seven circles together.
8. Glue the head onto the caterpillar.
9. Glue the tree branch onto the letter C and glue the leaves onto the tree branch.
10. Add detail to the leaves with black marker.
11. Cut flower shapes from various colors of craft foam and glue onto the tree branch.
12. Glue caterpillar onto the tree branch and then draw antenna onto the C behind the caterpillar’s head.
I hope you enjoyed this fun letter C craft. Lookout next week for a letter D craft!
Until next time, happy crafting!
This is so cute!! My youngest is quite the artist and loves making crafts like this, when she was in prek was her favorite way to learn in school.
Adelina Priddis says
This is so cute! I’ve gotten lazy helping my kids learn their letters (ok not lazy, just frustrated and tired, lol). I think we could all enjoy doing these crafts.