If you are looking for a fun way to gift lottery tickets this Christmas — or any time of the year — you came to the right place. I have 2 great DIY lottery ticket gift ideas to share with you today: a lottery ticket mystery gift box and a scratch-off ticket gift basket.
For more creative ways to gift lottery tickets check out: 7 Ways to Give Lottery Tickets as Gifts.
These DIY lottery ticket gift basket ideas were sponsored by the New Jersey Lottery.
I am sure you will agree that DIY scratch-off ticket gifts are easy to make and, best of all, fun gifts to receive. They are the perfect gift idea for anyone on your list that is over 18.
The creative gifts would also be a great idea for fundraisers as door prizes or in a tricky tray or silent auction.
Living in NJ, I made my mystery gift box and lottery ticket gift basket using NJ Lottery Holiday scratch-offs. The New Jersey Lottery has four fun Holiday themed scratch-off instant games available this Holiday season. You can pick up these Holiday games at your local NJ Lottery retailer (e.g., 7-Eleven, Wawa, Quick Chek).
Scratch Off Lottery Ticket Gift Basket
Also known as a lottery ticket bouquet.
- various denominations scratch-off tickets
- cute basket or bin (I got mine at the dollar store)
- floral foam block (can be found at craft stores)
- wooden skewers (I used straws but skewers would be sturdier and easier to work with)
- tissue paper or paper shreds
- bow (optional)
- Place foam block inside your bin or basket.
- Tape lotto tickets to the skewers.
- Push skewers into foam block at various depths.
- Cover up the foam block with the tissue paper/foil shreds.
- Place a bow on the front of the lottery ticket gift basket, if desired
Tip: Feel free to switch things up and add a gift card or gift certificate in with the scratch tickets as well. Gift cards to local restaurants, grocery stores, or convenience stores would all be great options. Concert tickets or other unique experiences would be fun ideas, too.
Scratch Off Lottery Ticket Mystery Gift Box
- $1 scratch off tickets – strip of at least 10 (I used about 30!)
- empty tissue box
- wrapping paper
- bow (optional, but a great addition)
- Print “Pull Here” Label (printable available here) on cardstock
- Widen the slit in the top of the tissue box to accommodate the width of the tickets (as seen in the image above)
- Wrap the tissue box, leaving the slit at the top open
- Fold lottery tickets in a zig-zag pattern into a neat pile
- Tape the “Pull Here” Label on the last ticket
- Place a roll of lottery tickets into the tissue box, leaving the “Pull here” label out of the box
- Place a bow on the front of the box, if desired.
There you have it, two simple and stress-free lottery ticket gift ideas perfect for family members or anyone (over 18 of course) on your list this year!
Along with a Lottery ticket wreath and lottery ticket ornament, these 2 DIY gifts are great to keep on hand for when you need a quick and easy gift when a friend or relative drops in. They are also a fun gift idea for a white elephant gift, hostess gift, or birthday gift.
My husband loves New Jersey Lottery Scratch-Offs and will be very excited to see these festive gifts under the tree come Christmas morning.
Plus, by giving lottery ticket gifts to my husband, I get to reap the benefits if he wins big! So good luck to him 🙂
More Christmas DIYs
Disclaimer: Must be 18 or older to but a lottery ticket. Please play responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, call 1-800-GAMBLER®.
Parents are urged to think twice about gifting lottery tickets to children.
*Tickets to create these projects were provided by New Jersey Lottery.