This delicious Raspberry Brownie Parfait is sure to score some major brownie points and spark some romance this Valentine’s Day!
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! You may be wondering what you can do that will make your sweetheart feel special. As they say, the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.
Truth be told, the same goes for women.
If you’re cooking or baking for your girlfriend or wife this Valentine’s Day, you’re sure to score some brownie points. Speaking of brownies, this Raspberry Brownie Parfait is sure to score some major brownie points and spark some romance.
If looking for something romantic and decadent to make for your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day, you can’t go wrong with this simple raspberry brownie parfait.
Not only does it look romantic, but the flavors of raspberry and chocolate and the creamy texture of the mousse are going to speak to the heart of anyone you make this for.
And, if you’re single, what better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day than skipping dinner and going straight for dessert?
Follow with a Valentine’s Day Jello Shot for a real treat!
What’s really wonderful about this recipe when it comes to preparation is that you can use store bought brownies to make things a bit easier.
You can also make the raspberry mousse and whipped cream that morning and then assemble the parfaits just before dinner.
If you choose to assemble the desserts earlier than that, wait to add the Conversation Hearts to the top to prevent them from becoming soggy.
With that said, these really will hold up better if you assemble them as close to dessert time as possible.
If for any reason you or your partner doesn’t like raspberries, no big deal. You can easily substitute strawberries. Technically, you could use any berry you wanted, but you want to stick with red berries for Valentine’s Day.
I hope you and your loved one enjoy this Raspberry Brownie Parfait and have a very happy Valentine’s Day!
If you are looking for more Valentine’s Day dessert ideas, check out the links to related posts below the recipe card. Enjoy!
For The Parfait
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- 1 package of pre-made brownies
- Raspberry Mousse
- Fresh Whip Cream
- Chocolate Heart
- Conversation hearts
- Valentine's Day sprinkles
For the Chocolate Hearts
- bag of red chocolate candy wafers
- disposable piping bags
- wax paper
- cookie sheet
For The Mousse
- 3 ½ cups fresh raspberries
- 2 tsp gelatin powder
- 3 Tbsp cold water
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 ¼ cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Red food coloring
For the Whipped Cream
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- To make the chocolate hearts: Place wax paper onto a cookie sheet, set aside. In a double broiler, melt the red chocolate candy wafers until smooth. Combine two piping bags and pour the chocolate into the bag. Cut the tip of the piping bag. Pipe hearts onto the wax paper and place into the fridge for 10 minutes.
- To prepare the mousse: Wash and pat dry raspberries, then pulse in a food processor until well pureed. Set aside. Add 3 Tbsp water and your into a small microwave safe bowl, then let sit for 5 minutes. Place your gelatin mixture in the microwave on high power for 30 seconds. Remove and whisk for 1 minute. Let mixture cool 4 minutes until room temp. Add in ¼ cup powdered sugar and whip until stiff peaks form. Set to the side. In a large bowl blend cream cheese and 2 cups powdered sugar with hand blender until well combined. Add vanilla and red food coloring and mix until combined then increase to high speed and whip until light and fluffy about 2 minutes. Add in your raspberry puree and the gelatin mixture and mix until well combined. Fold in ⅓ of the whipped cream mixture,repeat steps until all is folded in. Place in refrigerator.
- To prepare Whip Cream: Place your mixer bowl and whisk in freezer for 30 minutes to chill. Pour heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla into the cold bowl. Whisk on high speed for 1-2 minutes until stiff peaks form.
- Putting it all together: Place quartered brownies in bottom of parfait glass. Next, add a layer of Raspberry mousse and a layer of fresh raspberries. Continue until your parfait cup is filled. Finally, top with whip cream, chocolate hearts, conversation hearts, and sprinkles.