Are you interested in receiving free or deeply discounted Amazon products for in exchange for your honest review? If so, the following 5 steps will get you receiving packages in no time!
1. Get an Amazon account
Chances are you have one already. If not, sign up here.
2. Learn some general review guidelines
- Never share a promo code.
- Be honest, sincere and detailed in your review. Discuss what you like and/or dislike about the product and why.
- Product reviews should be at least 75 words long.
- Keep your product reviews on the topic of the product and your experience with the product. Do not discuss the seller, packaging, shipping, or product's availability. (Seller feedback and Shipping feedback can be reviewed here and here respectively).
- Always disclose when you receive a free or discounted product by using one of the following statements (or a similar statement):
- “I received this product for free in exchange for sharing my honest and unbiased review”
- “I received this product at a discount in exchange for sharing my honest and unbiased review”
- Do not accept money in exchange for reviews. If someone contacts you and asks you to write a review in exchange for money just say NO! Aside from being unethical, it could put your Amazon account at risk.
You can read more of Amazon's Guidelines here
3. Invest in Amazon Prime (optional)
Without Amazon Prime you will be responsible for shipping fees, which can add up quickly. Amazon Prime gets you unlimited free 2-day shipping on all your orders with no minimum order size. (Plus Prime has some other neat benefits such as unlimited streaming of 40,000+ movies / TV episodes and over 1,000,000 songs.)
Amazon Prime costs $99/year. You can get a free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime here.
College Students are eligible for Amazon Student for just $49/year. You can start your free 30-day Amazon Student Trial here.
I highly suggest investing in Amazon Prime – it will save you a lot of money in the long run.
4. Write 5 reviews (optional)
Sellers and review groups like to see that you have a history of reviewing. I would suggest reviewing a few items that you have bought — on Amazon or elsewhere. Just search for the product on Amazon, find the product listing, scroll down to where the customer reviews and then click “Write a Customer Review.”
5. Sign up with review groups
There are a lot of websites, e-mail lists, and Facebook review groups out there.I included a list of 5 of those sites below to get you started:
Once you sign up with these sites you will want to check them out each day or so to look for products you would like to review. Items change more frequently on some of them than on others.
Be sure to read each review site or review groups rules so that you will remain in good standing. For example, some groups say you need to write your review within 10 days, others say 5 days. Some groups request you to report your review link to them, other groups do not. Read those rules!
How can I find my profile link?
Log into your Amazon account. Go to http://amazon.com/profile and your profile will open. Then copy the link in your address bar.
How do I get a permalink to my review?
Log into your Amazon account. Go to http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/ and you will get a list of your reviews. Find the review you need the permalink for and click where it says “permalink.” Copy the link of the page that opens up.
If you have any other question, ask them in the comment section below and I will answer you ASAP, and possibly add your question to the FAQ section 🙂