These rich, decadent, and chocolatey Oreo Mousse Cups are the perfect green treat to serve at your St. Patrick’s Day party.
Oreo Mousse in a Chocolate Cup:
a Perfect St. Patrick’s Day Dessert Recipe
I think that the chocolate topper pieces gives these Oreo mousse cups a nice finishing touch, but you could easily omit the chocolate accent pieces on top of the cups and use green sprinkles or a shamrock decoration instead.
For the cup – Wilton 590-0118 8 Cavity Round Silicone Shot Mold, Green
For the chocolate accent- Wilton 2115-2102 Accessories, Chocolate/Candy Plastic Mold
A perfect St. Patrick’s Day Dessert Recipe!
Chocolate Cup & Accent:
- 2 bags Ghirardelli White Chocolate wafers
- 1/2 tsp Creme de Menthe Flavor
- 3-5 drops of green gel food coloring
- 3 egg yolks
- 6 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 oz Ghirardelli Chocolate wafers
- 6 Oreos, crushed
- 2-3 tbsp whole milk
Chocolate Cup & Accent Directions:
- Pour the candy melts into the top half of a double boiler. Heat water in the lower half of the double boiler over medium heat. Stir until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Creme de Menthe Flavor. Stir well.
- Add green gel food coloring, stirring well until the designed shade of green is achieved.
- Carefully pour the melted chocolate into the mold(s).
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer and carefully remove from molds. Set aside.
- Add egg yolks, powdered sugar and ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream together in a medium saucepan on low. Whisk constantly until it begins to thicken almost doubling in size.
- Begin to add the chocolate wafers while removing from the stove top. Continue to stir until the chocolate has completely melted. Stirring often, allow the chocolate to cool to room temp.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the rest of the whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly begin to whisk in 1/4 of the whipped cream into the chocolate custard until it lightens. Then, gently fold in the rest of the whipped cream.
- Add crushed Oreos, stirring to mix well.
- Add 1 tablespoon of milk (at a time) if the mousse is too thick for piping.
- Spoon the mousse into a pastry bag with a large tip. Fill each cup with mousse, working in a circular motion.
- Place chocolate accent piece on top of each cup and refrigerate until ready to serve.