Instant Pot vegetable beef soup is packed with all your favorite veggies and chunks of tender beef. Make this one-pot meal in your Instant Pot pressure cooker in under an hour!
Soup is the perfect dinner on chilly nights. It always warms my belly right up!
Instant Pot Beef Vegetable Soup
This vegetable beef soup recipe is easy to make in your Instant Pot. The best part is, thanks to the Instant Pot the soup will be ready in under an hour — yet it tastes like it was cooking all day long!
How to Make Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
As I mentioned, making the soup is rather simple. Everything cooks right in your Instant Pot.
BROWN BEEF: Season the beef then add to Instant Pot. Use the saute function to brown the beef. Add tomato paste and continue to saute for 2 minutes. Turn off.
ADD BROTH & VEGGIES: Add broth, carrots, onion, potatoes, and seasonings.
COOK: Set to high pressure and cook for 8 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally, then do a quick release to be sure all pressure is gone before removing the lid.
CHOP BEEF: Transfer the meat to a cutting board and shred or chop into bite-size pieces.
ADD MORE VEGGIES: Return beef to pot and add corn, peas and green beans. Saute for about 3 minutes or until the added vegetables are warmed through.
SERVE: Serve with crackers or a piece of bread and enjoy!
Looking for more Instant Pot dinner ideas? Try our most popular Instant Pot recipe — Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi!
- 1 lb. beef stew cubes or chuck roast
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 cups beef broth
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 cup green beans, cut in 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 cup corn (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 1 cup peas (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup Italian dressing
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Set 8 quart Instant Pot to sauté setting. Sprinkle salt and pepper on beef. Add oil and beef to pot. Sauté until beef is browned, stirring frequently. Add tomato paste and continue cooking for two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Turn Instant Pot to off.
- Add broth, carrots, onion, potatoes, and seasonings.
- Cook at high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Allow pressure to release, then do a quick release to be sure all pressure is down.
- Remove lid and transfer the meat to a cutting board. Shred the meat or cut into bite-size pieces. Return to pot.
- Add corn, peas and green beans.
- Set to sauté for about 3 minutes to warm through added vegetables.
If you like, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese adds a nice flavorful finish to each bowl.
The recipe can be cut in half to make fewer servings or you can freeze the leftovers. This soup freezes well, so you can pull it out for when there is no time to cook.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244