Posts may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you use a link provided.
An easy homemade ice cream pie recipe made with a chocolate crust, vanilla ice cream, chunks of cake, chocolate syrup, toasted almonds, and lots of sprinkles.
This also makes great birthday party cake, especially for summer. Nothing beats ice cream cake on a hot summer day!
Plus, I love that there is no baking required for this tasty ice cream pie!
- chocolate graham cracker crumbs – we used the kind that comes pre-crushed in a box but you use also use full graham crackers and break them up using a food processer.
- butter – for holding the graham cracker crumbs together to form the crust
- vanilla ice cream – I like to use vanilla bean ice cream, yum!
- cake – make use of leftover cake of if you don’t have any cake on hand, you can buy two or three cupcakes
- sundae toppings: sprinkles, chocolate syrup, and toasted sliced almonds
Step 1: Make crust – Combine chocolate graham crumbs with melted butter then press into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Place in the freezer to harden for at least 15 minutes.
Step 2: Prepare the filling –Gently stir together ice cream, cake chunks, and sprinkles. Spread onto crumb crust. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
Step 3: Add toppings – Top with drizzles of chocolate sauce, sliced almonds, and more sprinkles just before serving.
Store pie covered in the freezer.
Recipe Tips & Variations
OREO crust – Swap graham cracker crumbs for 30 crushed OREO cookies to make a delicious chocolate cookie crust.
Pre-made crust – In a hurry? Use a pre-made graham cracker crust to save time.
Switch up the flavor – Experiment by making the ice cream pie with your favorite ice cream flavors and toppings. Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream with chocolate sprinkles and chocolate syrup is amazing. Or try strawberry ice cream with a graham cracker crust and chopped strawberries. Triple chocolate ice cream pie with homemade no-churn chocolate ice cream, chocolate crust, and chocolate topping. The sky is the limit!
The perfect slice – Remove ice cream pie from the freezer 10 minutes before serving and warm your knife under hot water to make slicing the pie easier.
More yummy frozen desserts
Ice Cream Pie
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream softened
- 1 1/2 cups cake cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup sprinkles
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix chocolate graham crumbs with melted butter until well combined. Press into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate. Place in the freezer to harden for at least 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together ice cream, cake chunks, and sprinkles. Spread onto chocolate crumb crust. Return to the freezer to chill for at least four hours.
- Top with drizzles of chocolate sauce and almonds just before serving.