An easy Crockpot Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe made with frozen spinach, cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, parmesan cheese, and artichoke hearts.
Like my crockpot buffalo chicken dip, this creamy, cheesy slow cooker spinach artichoke dip is sure to be a hit at your next party.
Finding delicious appetizer recipes to serve during the holidays is a must. With so many parties and get-togethers this time of year, it’s great to have a few easy recipes on hand for those last-minute celebrations. With the help of your crockpot, you can prepare a classic spinach artichoke dip recipe in just a few minutes.
This crockpot spinach dip also makes a terrific finger food for game day. I love that you can set it up in your slow cooker ahead of time so that you don’t have to miss a minute of the game. All you have to do is dump the ingredients into your crockpot and let it do all the hard work for you!
For more easy crockpot appetizer recipes, try my 4-Ingredient Crockpot Grape Jelly Meatballs or Coca-Cola Meatballs.
Or for a tasty twist on classic spinach artichoke dip try my spinach artichoke crescent rolls or cheesy spinach dip bites with bacon.
This section includes ingredient notes and substitution options. Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
While slow cooker spinach dip is packed with flavor, you don’t need a ton of complicated ingredients to prepare it. Thanks to the bold flavors that come with the dip’s main ingredients, you can prepare this delicious crockpot appetizer with just a handful of supplies.
To make spinach artichoke dip, you’ll need:
- Cream cheese – you can use full-fat or low-fat
- Sour cream
- Parmesan cheese – grated or shredded
- Frozen spinach – thawed and squeezed dry, more on that below.
- Artichoke hearts – don’t care for artichokes? Feel free to leave them out.
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
This section shows you how to make the recipe with step-by-step photos and instructions. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Since this recipe uses your slow cooker/crockpot to heat up the dip, the preparation process is very simple. Just follow these three quick steps to prepare your dip in a matter of minutes.
1. Prepare the spinach. First, remove the spinach from the freezer and allow it to thaw. I recommend letting it thaw in the fridge overnight you can thaw it at room temperature if you are in a hurry. After the spinach has thawed place it on a paper-towel-lined plate and cover the top of the spinach with another paper towel. Press down on the spinach to soak up the excess moisture. Continue this process with new towels until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
2. Combine the ingredients. Add all of your dip ingredeints to the crockpot and stir to combine.
3. Heat the dip. Place the lid on the slow cooker and let it do its magic. Soon enough you’ll have a creamy, hot dip to serve your party guests. All you have to do is give it a stir before serving!
TIP: Once your dip is heated set your crockpot to warm so that it will stay hot throughout your party.
What to Serve with Spinach Artichoke Dip?
The beauty of this easy crockpot dip recipe is that there are so many different ways you can serve it. Try pairing your warm dip with one (or several) of these dippers for a delicious snack:
- Bagel crackers
- Toasted bread
- Pretzel chips
- Soft pretzel bites
- Tortilla chips
- Pita chips
- Baby carrots
- Celery stalks
- Mini bell peppers
If you are lucky enough to have leftover dip, it can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave and enjoy.
A small 1.5 or 2 quart slow cooker is perfect for making–and serving–hot dips such as this one. That said, a larger slow cooker can be used but I would suggest transferring the dip to a smaller bowl for serving.
You sure can! Chop it up and add it to your crockpot like you would the frozen spinach.
More Tasty Party Appetizers
- Cheesy Bacon and Spinach Dip Bites
- Crockpot Lil Smokies – only 3 ingredients!
- Chicken Nacho Bites
- Fried Pickle Spears
- Rotel Salsa
- Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
Crockpot Spinach Artichoke Dip
↑ Click stars to rate now!Print Pin SaveSaved! Rate
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- ½ cup canned artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese, or grated
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker and mix together.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or high for 45 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the dip is heated through.
- Give the dip a final stir and serve with crackers, pita chips, or your favorite dippers.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by a third party and intended to serve as an estimate only. The accuracy of nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Leave a Reply